Name change for property taxes?

posted 3 years ago in Names
Post # 2
635 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ecampbell :  Yes, your tax bill is based on the names recorded on the deed at the time of closing. 

Post # 4
7546 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

It’s fine to keep it as it is. If you refinance in the future, you can have the name changed on the deed through that process, since they will be re-filing the deed anyway. If you want to sell the house or take out a second mortgage before that happens, you’ll either submit a copy of your marriage certificate with your paperwork, or you’ll sign an additional form reflecting the change in name, depending on your state regulations.

Post # 5
6410 posts
Bee Keeper

Iwas told when I got married you don’t need to change the name on the deed or title of the house, when you go to sell you sign with your married name and write that you were married.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors