(Closed) Name Change in Florida

posted 7 years ago in Names
Post # 3
358 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I believe you need to wait for the marriage certificate to come back from the state before you can change your name on your Social Security card. 

In order to get a new social security card you need the official marriage license, government ID (driver’s license, passport or birth certificate) and a completed SS form (you can find it on their website). They will receive your new SS card in the mail within 2 weeks.

Before you leave the social security office they will give you a paper to show the DMV so you can change your driver’s license. You have to wait 48 hours after going to the Social Security office to go to the DMV.

Hope that helps!

The topic ‘Name Change in Florida’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors