(Closed) Name change- marriage cert in Japanese!

posted 8 years ago in Names
Post # 3
1426 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I don’t know about name changes, but I have heard of people who needed other legal documents which were in a different language having to hire a translator, and have the translator sign an affidavit saying that it was accurate or something like that.  The person I knew just asked the local university’s language department if there was someone who would do it for a small fee.

Post # 4
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

That is what I was thinking too about getting a translator.  I would talk to someone at the Social Security office in the US just to be sure that will be legitimate for them.

The topic ‘Name change- marriage cert in Japanese!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors