(Closed) Name Changing Insanity. Ugh.

posted 6 years ago in Names
Post # 3
13251 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Are your tickets for your honeymoon in your maiden name or your new name?  That could be the deciding factor…

Post # 4
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Adding to what abbie017 said – how is your passport titled??  I believe your airplane tickets and passport need to match.  FI and I applied for passports and opted for the express service for an extra $150 (I think that was both of us) and we got our passports in less than 10 business days.  

Post # 5
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

You can go to the Social Security office in any state to have it changed. I live in Illinois and went to one in Indiana just last week. To have your passport changed it doesn’t really matter on the state jus the mailing address to send it to.

Post # 6
18637 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I agree that you will need to wait until after you travel.  This would have been the case even if you didn’t move since you can’t start the name change process while traveling under your old name.

Which forms will you have to change because you went to a different state?  Social security, bank forms, etc should all be the same, the only different thing is the drivers license.

The topic ‘Name Changing Insanity. Ugh.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors