(Closed) Name changing process

posted 5 years ago in Logistics
Post # 2
15197 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
theknitterslife:  you can’t really start the process before you get married and have the marriage certificate from your city or town.   From there, first step is social secuirty office to get a new ss card… that pretty much makes it official to the govt.  Then you can change your driver’s license.   Unfortunately, unless you let it expire and wait till after you’re married, you’ll need to get 2 new ones,  or just don’t bother.   Really doesn’t matter.  I kept my old name on my licence for 3 years until i had to get a new one.  It’s not a big deal. 

The topic ‘Name changing process’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors