(Closed) Name Chg Help PLS!

posted 8 years ago in Names
Post # 3
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

It depends on the state.  In Oregon, where I live, I had to indicate my new name on my marriage certificate.  In filing the marriage certificate it was technically the first step in the name change process.

Post # 5
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

My marriage license just has my maiden name and his name (no indication of change) it worked fine for SS office. 

Post # 6
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Usually you just take the marriage license to the SSA and tell them what you want your new name to be.  They will also look at your old SS card, so they will know what name you are coming from.

Post # 7
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

My name is my maiden name on the license and his name.  I took the marriage license and birth certificate to Social Security Office along with Driver’s ID and SS Card. It wasn’t a problem.

The topic ‘Name Chg Help PLS!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors