When are you looking to come to Nashville?
There’s always something going on. Whiskey Kitchen like a PP mentioned is also one of my favorites places ( and they have some awesome nachos BTW)
– The Grand Ole Opry/ Oprymills Mall / Opryland Hotel are all right next to each other and a must see, as far as I am concerned if you’re coming for a visit. The Opry typically keeps a really good lineup, and is so much fun to see the history.. if you’re into that kind of stuff. The shopping mall just opened up after being closed for almost 2 years due to the flood and the Gaylord Opryland Hotel is just magnificent to see in person. DH and I stayed there on our wedding night and it very, very pretty.
-The Country Music Hall of Fame/ The Ryman are both downtown and within walking distance of each other.
– Downtown has the usual honky tonks, restaurants and some cool shops. My favorite downtown bar is probably Rippys… which has a pretty good live band on the weekends and I like the food. Merchants and Riverfont are also good places to eat. Of course there’s a ton of options, such as the Hard Rock and Margaritaville ( which some people really like to visit those in every city they go to).
– Eating outside of downtown is good, too… I like Crow’s Nest, which is in the Green Hills area and is a fun sports bar type place with specifically Southern Style dishes ( shrimp & grits, gumbos, fried pickles type stuff). It is also right across the street from the Bluebird Cafe ( famous stars got their start singing/songwriting here)
– Pancake Pantry is by Vanderbilt and I ALWAYS force people to go there if they come to visit and have never had a complaint. It is an awesome breakfast restaurant– seriously worth a taste if you like pancakes/b-fast food
– Green Hills, The Gulch and Cool Springs are other shopping districts outside of Oprymills.
– If you like uber historical things, Old Hickory/the Andrew Jackson home and about 15 minutes from downtown, it is also kind of neat.
– Depending on when you come, there are always live music venues around. If you’re into more alternative bars/music, 5 Points in East Nashville may be for you ( although it isn’t in the “best” part of town, it is still a cool place). The riverfont across from Titans Stadium always has music stages set up, as does the area in front of the Davidson County Courthouse
-There are a few bus routes that are free to the downtown areas… I don’t take them because I work downtown and live outside of the city, so I have to drive in everyday, but I have seen the new ones and they’re very nice. There’s also a new bike rental area right next to the Davidson County Courthouse where you can rent these cute little red bikes and it comes with a map and points around downtown for you to see.
– There are hotels galore. Hotel Indigo is pretty cool, and they just finished the Hampton across from the convention center, so it is nice as well. The Ramada by the Opry is actually really nice and has a great restaurant in it with aspiring singers who do covers of favorite country songs.
SORRY THIS WAS SO LONG– I GOT CARRIED AWAY WITH TYPING!!