(Closed) Natural birth, epidural or elective caesarean. What did/would you do??

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What did you/What will you choose??

    I had a natural birth

    I plan on having a natural birth

    I had an epidural

    I plan on having an epidural

    I had an elective caesarean

    I had a caesarean due to complications

    I plan on having an elective caesarean

  • Post # 3
    373 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

    I said I plan on having an epidural (and any other drug they can give me ) becasue I want to elect to have a csection but apprently up in Canada you cant just elect to have one just because 🙁 

    Post # 5
    6889 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

    I had an epi, I wanted to natural but couldn’t bear the pain any longer. 

    Post # 7
    5540 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: December 2011

    Not a lot of docs will do totally elective c sections anymore. It’s major abdominal surgery and evidence based practice shows not having them, and especially not having them before 39-40 weeks because mom is “uncomfortable” or wants to be done being pregnant at 37 weeks is better. Of course it doesn’t take much to make a doc have a c section because it makes their.life easier. I right now want natural but I’m not totally object to epidural, I just don’t want a foley!! I will get a c section if it is actually medically required not because it’s convenient for the doc. 

    Post # 8
    233 posts
    Helper bee

    @Quinlan:  I had a natural birth with no pain relief. Here you can’t have an elective ceasarean but I wouldn’t have chosen that as an option even if I could have.

    There did come a point when I asked for pain relief but I was too late. My whole labour was only 6 hours long,afterwards I was glad I managed without anything.

    Post # 9
    1443 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

    I wanted an epidural, but I wasn’t allowed one as I was high risk.

    Post # 10
    11231 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

    I plan on having natural birth unless something goes terribly awry. I’m also really tired of hearing, “Oh, you’ll change your mind!” when I say that I won’t do an epidural. I don’t want a giant needle stuck in my back, sorry. I don’t even want an IV because I don’t do needles.

    View original reply
    @mrskrumpet: apprently up in Canada you cant just elect to have one just because 🙁 

    That’s a good thing.

    Post # 11
    1577 posts
    Bumble bee

    I plan on being open to pain-killers if needed, but I have no idea how my body will feel/react to labor and delivery so it’s a “we’ll see” thing for me. Ideally, I would love to go without any interventions, but if the pain is unbearable, there’s no shame in wanting an epi or other pain relief!

    Post # 12
    1474 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

    I’m planning on a natural unmedicated birth. Hell, I wanted a natural home birth but DH couldn’t get comfortable with the idea. I would say more but probably shouldn’t…let’s just say I work in OB GYN and medical staff don’t necessarily always have you and your baby’s best interests in mind. I’d say convenience often tops the list of priorities.

    Post # 13
    588 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

    I plan on doing natural but I’m open to an epi depending on pain. I’m hoping to hold out so I don’t have to get one.

    As far as a c-section goes i’d like to avoid that at all possibility, but I guess we’ll see how it goes.

    Post # 14
    691 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

    Went natural, and it’s overrated.

    Post # 15
    1856 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

    View original reply
    @mrskrumpet:  That’s because it has a higher rate of complications. It’s *good* that they don’t allow for them.

    I had a natural birth. I intended to in the first place, and I was only in labour for about 4 hours start to finish so no time for anything, anyway. I’d plan on a natural birth for any future pregnancies as well, but things happen, so I’m open to however it has to proceed.

    Post # 16
    7 posts
    • Wedding: August 2010

    I was planning onay vaginal delivery, but my baby was breech and I had a low lying placenta. The risks associated with a vaginal were not worth it. And yes I did try to push for that, but in the end it worked out for the beSt. 

    The topic ‘Natural birth, epidural or elective caesarean. What did/would you do??’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors