- 5 years ago
- Wedding: June 2016
A bit of background: For a long time, I was around 115 pounds (5’2) and maintained it pretty easily. I pretty much ate whatever I felt like (including desserts, takout, and rich/heavy foods). It was never a struggle to maintain my weight. Over the past few years, though, stress and some hormone related issues have caused my weight to creep up. Now I’m much better at dealing with stress and my hormone issues are under control, but I’m sitting at 140 pounds (which I know is hardly morbidly obese or anything, but it’s too much for my frame). I have been trying to lose weight for almost a year with no success.
I think my problem is that I’ve fallen into the “diet” mindset- either I’m being good and am on my diet, or I’ve fallen off it and just say, oh screw it! and eat way more than I should because I’ve already messed up. I don’t do well with restrictions- I love food, I love dessert, and I don’t want to deny myself those things (within reason). I really want to get back to a normal eating pattern that I can maintain long term, as opposed to going on a diet just to lose weight quick. My wedding is a little over a year away and I would love to be healthier by then. I don’t even necessarily want to focus so much on losing a specific amount of weight but rather how I look and feel. My problem is that I’ve been obsessing over dieting and food for so long that I’ve forgotten what “normal” eating looks like. This is where I need help! So, for those of you who are “naturally” (as opposed to maintaning your weight by following a strict diet) slim (and by this I don’t necessarily just mean thin and skinny- I also mean healthy, toned, etc.) could you tell me:
1) What kinds of foods you eat in a typical day?
2) Do you only eat a “normal” meal times, or do you snack in between?
3) Do you eat all 3 meals or do you sometimes skip meals here or there? (I know when I was smaller I rarely ate breakfast)
4) How often do you “indulge,” be it with sweet things, salty things, other junk food, etc.?
5) Do you exercise? What kind and how often?
6) And the last one that I tend to struggle with: Do you only eat when you feel physically hungry?