(Closed) Need advice from crafty bees–what are eyelets, and are they necessary?

posted 9 years ago in DIY
Post # 3
774 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

They sell a tampering tool that you can use…or there is also a tool that is supposed to be super easy but kind of costly as well.

I am also making layered programs but am thinking of just securing them with ribbon.

Post # 4
559 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Eyelets are little pieces of round metal with a hole down the middle and a larger rim on one side. When it’s done correctly, it fastens all your sheets together and results in a nice, clean look on both sides of the page. You can string something through it too. I have a tool that looks kind of like a single hole punch. You make a hole in the paper, place your eyelet in the hole, and then place the tool over it and punch! Your eyelet is in place. It’s not too expensive, and you can purchase them as kits at craft stores, and don’t forget your coupons!


If eyelets are too complicated for you, or you don’t want to spend the money on a tool, you can also use brads. But, brads might not be able to go through several pieces of thick paper and they don’t look pretty on the back side. (basically you punch the prongs through the paper and bend them down to secure it.)


Post # 5
355 posts
Helper bee

i’m a scrapbooker and agree, ditch the eyelets! brads are defonitley the way to go!

Post # 7
2207 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

hehe…reading "crop a dile" always makes me giggle…

The topic ‘Need advice from crafty bees–what are eyelets, and are they necessary?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors