- 6 years ago
- Wedding: April 2013
I was sent here from a friend who said this site has lots of good info on weddings.
We’re getting married soon (pause for long squeek!!! :)) and I need some info on some songs for the wedding.
I feel a bit uncomfortable with the wedding march for the song I walk down the aisle too. We are having a acoustic guitar player for the ceremony and the reception and he would like to know the songs we want which brings me here.
1. First are there any alternatives to the wedding march, like good sweet songs?
We were joking about using the mario theme song since we both love mario, but my fiance was joking more than I was. I was kind of serious 😛
2. Second, what is a good song to play quietly for the actual ceremony basically to keep the guests entertained.
3. Also what’s good music for before the bride walks down the aisle? like when the groom, groomsmen and all get situated, when the guests are all being seated and when the bridal party walks down?
4. And what’s a good sound for when we are all leaving and walking down the aisle together? Maybe a fun song?
5. What were/are going to be your songs for the ceremony?
And MOST IMPORTANTLY
6. We are doing a native portion to the ceremony, the vase ceremony and my aunt is saying a native prayer right after we say our vows. I would really like to know a good native flute song to play during this portion of the ceremony. It will likely only be 3-5 minutes for this part of the ceremony.
Thanks for any advice!