Post # 1
Hey Bees! So here’s the deal, our best man offered to get us the DJ for our wedding present. I was so excited because my fiance and I are paying for the whole wedding, so that will help!
Now let me bring you up to speed, it’s been 4 months and he still hasn’t booked the DJ. I keep calling and asking, and he’s always got some dumb excuse on why he hasn’t done it.
I really want to take over and book the DJ myself, and then let the best man pay us back. But my fiance is all about giving him another chance, because he wants him to pull through. (The best man has a looonnnggg history of not pulling through)
I’m really worried about it, and the dj is literally the only detail of the wedding that is not figured out. I am also getting married in a small town where the choices of DJs are very slim.
What should I do?
Post # 3
I think you and your Fiance should sit down together and decide on a deadline, with the understanding that if that deadline passes, you will take matters into your own hands, and then give that deadline to the best man. If the best man doesn’t follow through, I wouldn’t count on him paying you back for the DJ either. I would just make up your mind that you are probably going to have to pay for the DJ one way or another.
Post # 4
I agree with noritake. April is still a long time away… make a deadline and stick to it.
Post # 5
I voted for “take over.” I don’t necessarily mean book the DJ yourself already. I just mean you and your Fiance need to take the situation into your own hands. Give him a deadline. A DJ is too important to put off till the last minute.
Post # 6
I am way to much of a control freak i would have already booked the DJ myself and let him pay us back if thats what he planned on doing.
Post # 7
I’d come up with a deadline and wait a little longer.
Post # 8
I would do it myself – you’ve given him plenty of time. He probably doesn’t realize how important this is and how you have to book them plenty ahead of time. Guys dont get wedding things a lot!
I would let him know 1 last time that you’re planning on booking the DJ really soon. Let him know that if you don’t hear from him within a week you’re signing a contract with or without his money. Hopefully he’ll feel guilty for making you wait and send you a check!
Post # 9
Oh my goodness…..we got so lucky!!! My fiance and I agreed to tell the Best Man on Sunday night that he had literally one week to book the DJ or that we were taking over, and lo and behold he actually came through! Before my fiance called him, he emailed us the contract! Whew!!!! Thank goodness that worked out!
Post # 10
If he’s got a “loooong history of not pulling through” then I find it hard to believe that he’s be upset if you step in and book a DJ. You’d hate to miss the train on this one… it can be party killer! 🙂