(Closed) Need Advice – Planning Riviera Maya DW for July 2013?

posted 7 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
1586 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I am actually getting married in the Mayan Riviera in January 2013… obviously it wont be as hot there in Jan as it would be in july… but for our ceremony we are providing fans with our programs on it… maybe you could have the ceremony where there is still some shade like under a palm tree or gazebo. we are also planning on having beverages at our ceremony. Were still a long ways away but for the beverages we were either thinking individual waterbottles personalized with our own little label on it or what our wedding planner has said is that some resorts will bring glasses and a pitcher of water down to the site for a refreshing drink… for flavor (if this is the case…) we would add a few slices of lemon or orange wedges for a little bit of flavor. my mom also suggested parasoles… i wasnt a huge fan of this idea because i dont want other guests views to be blocked but we might offer some as a just in case scenario. 

Hope this help. good luck and happy planning! 

Post # 4
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m not trying to be Dream Crusher here, but I really think you should reconsider going in July as its going to be hotter than the surface of the sun and very uncomfortable for a wedding, especially outside.  We went to Riviera Maya in October and it was well over 90 degrees every day and we got burnt to a crisp.  It’s really beautiful down there but I would really reconsider going in the dead of summer.

The topic ‘Need Advice – Planning Riviera Maya DW for July 2013?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors