Post # 1
I have posted about this before but now the date is getting close its something that is bothering me more and more.
My fiance booked and paid for our honeymoon 2 weeks before we found out i was pregnant. My parents offered to look after the baby whilst we are away. I had my reservations but accepted their kindness.
I have been getting more and more concerned about leaving a 5 month old baby for 2 weeks even if it will be with my mum and dad but my fiance keeps telling me it will be fine. easy for him to say.
I feel i have already bonded with my unborn child and just know i will not be able to relax for our honeymoon so today i emailed the cruise company to ask a few questions.
we cant take baby with us as their minumum age is 6 months but so long as i can prove i did not know i was pregnant when the booking was made we can change the booking to a later date or shorter duration cruise free of charge.
I explained to her i would have been 2 weeks pregnant wen the booking was made but would not have know this until a few weeks later. She said this was fine.
Now i know i want to postpone. how do i get my fiance to agree
Post # 3
@ChocolateLime: Why would he have an issue with postponing the cruise if the company has agreed. You say that their min age is 6mths, why not go when baby is 7mnths and take him/her with you? That is only 2 months later than the original plan.
On the other hand, 2 weeks to yourself might be a fantastic idea.
i know it’s not much of a comparison, we have a 5 month old puppy that we have to look after & we’re going away soon for a week & mum is looking after her. She will miss us SO MUCH and we will miss her, but I’m really looking forward to not having to wake up at 6:30 every morning (including the weekend) for her walk.
A 5 month old baby should be with its mother, but your mum also knows what she is doing. How old will the baby be at the wedding?
Post # 4
Just talk to your fiance. Lay out to him what you just said here. And if when you get to the time of the cruise and feel comfortable leaving the baby you can still do that, but if you don’t you’ll have the option to take the baby with you.
Post # 5
he doesnt want to take the baby with us because the minimun age for shore excursions is 12 months so we would be ship bound for 2 weeks.
i know my parents can cope but its a huge thing for them to do what wih night feeds etc. they look after my disabled brother too so have quite a lot on their plate already.
Post # 6
Can you postpone until the baby is 12 months? Or do they have baby sitting options for children under 12 months?
Post # 7
@ChocolateLime: I’m not sure if there’s ever gona be a time when it feels ok to leave the baby at your mums – whether it be 5 months or 15 months. So I think you need to decide if you a) bite the bullet and go without baby, leave baby at mums or b) cancel and book something kid friendly so u can take baby along or get a credit towards a shorter cruise where you can leave baby for a more comfortable period of time.
Post # 8
@ChocolateLime: I don’t blame him for not wanting to take the baby along, but I think that if you’re uncomfortable leaving a 5 month-old (totally understandable), then I’d talk to him about going on the cruise later. Explain that you’ll still leave the baby with your parents, but that you’ll just be able to relax more when the baby’s a little older. I think he’ll understand that.
Post # 9
Were going to my DH’s sisters wedding when the baby will be 7 months old, its in Hawaii and he doesnt want to bring the baby either. I dont blame him either yes babys fly free but why would I spend a relaxing vacation that is being paid for us stressing over the baby when the baby would be fine staying here with my parents! You need a vacation and it doesnt matter if the baby is 6 months or 6 years old if your not comfortable leaving them now you wont be later either. So I agree bite the bullet and have a nice honeymoon with your husband you’ll regret it later and your baby really wont remember that you left it at 5 months to go on your honeymoon!!
Post # 10
@ChocolateLime: I don’t know, we left Dirty Delete for the first time when she was 8 months old, and we were barely gone for 24 hours.
Neither myself, NOR my husband really had that great of a time. In fact, we were checking the clock to see when we could come home without being losers. We just weren’t really ready.
I can’t imagine going away for two weeks.
Do you have to make this decision now? Can you wait until the baby gets here and see if your Fiance has a change of heart? DH really encouraged me to go for that day when I didn’t want to go, but I don’t think he could now (at 10 months) get me to go away for two weeks…