(Closed) Need Anullment help!

posted 6 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

You cant get an annullment after 3 years. It has to be a divorce. There is a very short time limit to get an anullment, depending on which state you live in, but its definitely less than 3 years.

Post # 4
2406 posts
Buzzing bee

Actually, my brother and his ex-wife got an annullment, and they were married for 3.5 years. I don’t know the details though. 

Post # 5
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

Ummm, I would definitely talk to someone that deals with marriage and divorce in your state. The fact that you can’t find this guy, and have had no contact with him might be extenuating circumstances

Post # 6
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

You should probably seek the advice of an attorney or at least see if your family court has a self-help center. Also, legal advice from a wedding website is not the way to go. I am a law student, working in family law, and in my state there is no amount of time limiting an annulment.  It is not a problem that you do not know where he is, there are ways to get around that.

The topic ‘Need Anullment help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors