(Closed) Need centerpiece input… Mom & I disagree!

posted 9 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
1044 posts
Bumble bee

My centerpiece looks exactly like the second centerpiece used minus the limes.  It’s a 5×5 container that will be filled and is considered the most cost efficient and in my opinion looks much better than bigger centerpieces.  You also have to keep in mind that if you make the centerpieces too big, it may deter people from interacting with one another and put less focus on the bride and groom.  With the centerpieces shown above though, they don’t look that large.

I prefer the more simple quite honestly.  That’s because I’ve just done a lot of research and look at a lot of pictures on the Knot and realized that simple does look better!

Post # 4
652 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

i think its better to keep the centerpieces somewhat similar rather then having one have fruit and one have flowers

Post # 5
3979 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I like both options! If it were my decision, I would probably be more likely to go with the flower centerpieces.

I don’t think it would look cheap to alternate tables… it’s done quite a bit! Not to mention it would look great with your floral centerpieces & the lime accents. Hmm.. I’m no help, am I? lol 

Okay, if I were you… I’d break it to mom gently. Go with the cute little centerpieces & use the tall lime vases elsewhere in the reception location 🙂

Post # 6
2561 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I am a big fan of not having totally identical center pieces, I was at a wedding that had slightly different center pieces at each table and it was actually really great looking (it also helped to find your table throughout the night). It really made the wedding real and personal, so I wouldn’t rule out different center pieces.

Post # 7
1022 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Personally I think it would look great to have half of the centerpieces with limes, and half with florals.  Plus the variation of low centerpieces and tall centerpieces would be more visually interesting. 

BUT, it comes down to what you want, and if you really don’t like the lime centerpieces then break it to your mom gently.

Post # 9
14183 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Oh i like them both! All my centerpieces have the same "theme". Flower petals as a blanket, candles in jars, and a focal piece that is different for every table. Busy, yeah but whateve.r They’ll be a mix of floating flower petals and floating candles. Personally I like variety. Do what YOU want, it’s your wedding, sweetie! Maybe you can utilize your mom’s apples elsewhere? Personally i’m not an apple fan, i prefer the limes. Which as you mentioned, are more budget friendly.

I actually like dramatic centerpieces. I think they’re really a good place for the bride to show some personality and creativity. 

Post # 10
14183 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’m doing the flower idea like I said, and I don’t think it’ll look cheap!

Mrs. Lemon did her own centerpieces and she used plumerias scattred. I’m using rose petals but I totally snagged inspiration from her

DIY Details: Centerpieces

Nobody will think limes are cheap. That many limes aren’t cheap! I think it’s visually interesting and chic. 

Post # 11
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Ok so I am not going to give personal advice about the centerpieces BUT I will tell you this: IT IS YOUR WEDDING!

Does that mean that you have to go beyond your budget or be nasty about getting your way and only your way? No. You can be open to suggestions and who knows, you might have your eyes opened to something you never thought of before, but remember that in the end, it should be your (and of course, fiance’s) decision because this is about your wedding day, not anyone else’s.

If you truly like the centerpiece that you chose and you can make it fit with the budget, I say go with it. Of course, let her down easy and explain that you appreciate her input but you would just rather have the one that you chose. Another thing, there is always a way to make it work with the budget.

Hope this helps!

Post # 12
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Go for what you love! But my two cents? I would do limes on half the tables and short florals with the lime slices lining the vases like in the picture you shared so that the centerpieces connect without being matchy.

Post # 13
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Yes, it it your wedding, but I think you need to pick your battles. Is your mom helping you pay for the wedding in any way? If she is she gets a little more input than if she isnt helping monetarily.

I personally love the look of alternating centerpieces especially if they look cohesive. In your example the low flower arangement also has lime slices in it. Are you planning on doing that too? If so I think it will go together really nicely with the taller stacked limes. Plus you’ll save money by not doing ALL flowers. Also if you dont want to do JUST limes in the tall vase you could scatter a few blooms in the large vase as well.

Post # 14
443 posts
Helper bee

Also I dont think anyone is going to think your lime centerpieces are cheap. I have yet to see it done at a real wedding, and I think sometimes we forget that outside of bridal blogs these "trendy" ideas have never been seen by most of our guests. I think most of your guests will probably think how original and creative the lime centerpieces are!

Post # 15
443 posts
Helper bee

Here’s a few more ideas:

[attachment=230068,24083] [attachment=230068,24084] [attachment=230068,24085]

Post # 16
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I would do the short florals with the limes on some tables and then do vases of just limes on others. Can you make shorter vases with the limes so they look the same size of the floral ones. Would that help and make is seem more visually appealing to you? I think it will look wonderful and how inexpensive!! BONUS!

The topic ‘Need centerpiece input… Mom & I disagree!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors