(Closed) Need help finding venue for 800

posted 4 years ago in Venue
Post # 2
5170 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: July 2018

I can’t wrap my head around how you could know 750 people.

I am not from the area but I think you’re going to struggle for a venue with capacity for 900.

Post # 3
1002 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I hope you find something, but it might be very difficult with a budget of $22 per person- venue, food, alochol. And that’s before you spend ANY money on a dress or anything else. 

Post # 4
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

View original reply
Heather8 :  Yikes. I had a 300 person wedding and we spent almost 50k. that was with everything out the door. We got married in Chicago so nothing was cheap. 

Post # 5
1829 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Yeah, there is no way his family is 750 people. There are people you can cut.

Post # 6
1135 posts
Bumble bee

I don’t think your budget is realistic at all. Are that many people going to actually go? 

Post # 7
97 posts
Worker bee

Are you Russian? 

Post # 9
7804 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

You are unlikely to find a venue that can fit 900 people for $800. Any place that is that large is going to be wayyyy more. Even the cost of tables and chairs to fit that many people would be 10x that cost. 

Post # 9
2134 posts
Buzzing bee

There is no way you are going to find a venue for that many people with that budget. 

You need to seriously look at the guest list and cut some people down, I can imagine how you are going to make that work. Good luck though and more power to you if you can figure it out. 

Post # 10
30 posts
Newbee

You need to start cutting this list WAY down. When you say His families list is 750 that makes me think his parents are inviting guests who you and your Fiance might not see as necessary guests. 

If there are truely going to be 900 people who RSVP yes, then I would imagine everything would have to be outside as I assume there are very few indoor rooms that could hold that many people without breaking some kind of fire code. 

My venue is 15k ( includes catering, bartender, florist, DJ, and reception and ceremony spaces) for 75 guests. This is on a Sunday. We are still responsible for booking an officiant and photographer as well as purchasing all of the alcohol we wish to serve. That being said, I don’t think you could host anywhere near 900 people on a 20k budget.

ETA: your families don’t get to create the guest list for YOUR wedding, only you and Fiance have that right. Unless his family is going to pay to have all those people there, you need to say no.

Good luck to you.

Post # 11
2137 posts
Buzzing bee

If my in laws invited 750 people and expected ME to pay, we would all be eating off of the McDonalds dollar menu and drinking boxed wine. I think a sit down to discuss realistic numbers is in order

Post # 12
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Inviting 900 does not equal 900 guests. Given your budget, you might have to look for a free park and rent tents and such.

however here’s two I found that seem to have over 1k capacity (even if you’ve seen these before, maybe start looking for similar locations):

Harborside Event Center:

https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/harborside-event-center-fort-myers/6e9dccb7a0d29f5c.html

The Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center:

https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/the-sidney-berne-davis-art-center-fort-myers/11b3b19333656575.html

Good luck!

Post # 13
3104 posts
Sugar bee

You should hand his parents a pen and notebook and ask them to write down the names of all 750 relatives.  Without looking in their address books, social media, etc.  And give them a time limit.

Maybe I’m heartless, but I’d say anyone whose name they cannot recall from memory within a reasonable time limit doesn’t get an invite.  

Post # 14
7556 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: Dorset, UK

What?! I don’t even like 90 people lol 

Post # 15
2550 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

OP. You’re going to have to rethink your budget. I can’t imagine this is going to be the wedding you want,  in all honesty, you can’t properly host that many people with that kind of budget. 

The topic ‘Need help finding venue for 800’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors