(Closed) Need help finding venue for 800

posted 4 years ago in Venue
Post # 46
2134 posts
Buzzing bee

We hosted our wedding for 120 guests for 20k and we were very budget conscious. Our venue was still about 100 dollars a person for alcohol, appetizers, candy bar, and for dinner. That doesn’t even include the cost of the actual cake! And like I mentioned we were very money conscious and that was one of the cheaper venues we looked at (Chicagoans area). 

I just really don’t see how it is possible with your budget to properly host that large of an event. 

Post # 47
631 posts
Busy bee

A reality check is needed stat!! 20k? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Post # 48
1415 posts
Bumble bee

Someone in his 750 member fAmily must know someone who can loan you a discounted venue surely ๐Ÿ˜‚ OP, have you even met all these people?

Post # 49
467 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

Anyone else find it odd that OP has not been back to comment??

I am really starting to wonder if is even real life because I can’t even fathom knowing that many people yet alone being close enough with them to have at my wedding. 

[comment removed – tos violation]

Post # 50
6217 posts
Bee Keeper

Gotta agree with everyone else… you are asking the impossible.

my wedding venue was 10 bucks a head with us able to bring our own food and alcohol. So right there you’d be at 8000-9000 of your budget. We had flowers from the grocery store that we arranged ourselves. My dress was under 100. We did self-catered bbq for our meal, rented speakers and played music via iTunes. Chair rental was a dollar each (kiss another thousand goodbye for the crappiest chairs).

you cannot self cater and you cannot trust 900 people to being safe food from home for a potluck. You’ll need to rent tables and chairs, 900+ plates, glasses, silverware sets, napkins or buy paper and plastic… a lot of it. You’ll need to handle trash, you’ll need caterers to make safe food and enough of it. You’ll need more speakers, decent lighting, etc. 

my budget for 36 including ourselves was 5000 (not including things you wouldn’t need to have/do). What you are asking is simply not feasible. Get your fiancé to use some common sense and cut the crap out of that list. On that budget you’ll need to cut your own as well most likely. DO NOT allow his parents to claim they will help pay unless they hand the money straight to you… no future promises they can back out on.

seriously, if you cut the guest list to parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts uncles and first cousins, plus their husbands/wives and kids, what is the number?

Post # 51
595 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

St. George’s Chaple can accomodate 800 people.  I know this cute couple, Harry and Meghan, who are getting married there May 19th, everyone is talking about it!

Post # 52
720 posts
Busy bee

Heather8! You must be friends with Jessica8 I bet she’s one of your guests at the wedding. 

Post # 53
3187 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Double post

Post # 54
3187 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Oh man this is too good. OP – after you find your 900 person venue for your 20k wedding, would you also please let me know where I can find a 2ct ideal D color IF diamond for $500? Because you seem to be able to find the impossible, so I’d like to get me somma that

Post # 55
4509 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
tobeornottobe7 :  I had the same thought!

Post # 56
2023 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Oh my goodness — close to 900 on a 20K budget? Our budget is $20K for around 60 people (in an expensive city) and we are worried whether we can hit that. Bee, this doesn’t seem doable.

Post # 57
1249 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Banquet Hall/Conference Center

Try a banquet hall or conference center where Proms and corporate events are held? Although to echo what everyone else said, inviting 900 people is going to push your event to $100K. My suggession is to cut the guests significantly or cut alcohol.

Keep in mind that you may also have lots of other vendor costs + any cultural add-ons (Indian weddings, for example, have WAY more additional associated costs not related to the venue or the day of)

Post # 58
3589 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

View original reply
jackjackattck :  Agreed. I call troll…

Post # 59
321 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
tillymac :  2000 people….. omg…..

Yes. You will need to cut down your guest list and increase your budget DRAMATICALLY. If cutting it down is getting difficult then you can say it is an adults only wedding and no kids are allowed.

The topic ‘Need help finding venue for 800’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors