Post # 1
So I am planning a destination wedding on a cruise to the Grand Cayman islands for Oct 2010. This is our 10th year together and we are excited to finally takae the plunge. Then we find out right before we book everything that his sister and my sister are both pregnant and due in OCT. yeap that’s right.
So this was going to be a great week that our whole family was going to cruise with us. It is pretty clear that both of them will NOT be taking a cruise in OCT.
Do we change the date? Do we move it up to go before they are too big say MAY?
Or Do we move it back to 2011 when they will both have babies to being along?
Post # 3
What do you want to do? I think you should take yourselves and if you want to wait into consideration. Have you talked to your FI? Would they be able to go if you went in like June/July, closer to your date?
Post # 4
Oh, btw, some cruise lines will let weddings happen on the ship in port, then let the people leaving get off before they depart. You could move the wedding up a couple of weeks and do that?
Post # 5
Oy, that’s a tough one. Would it be all right with you if they had a say? If so, I recommend getting their input and seeing what they’d like to do. They may want to move it up so they don’t have to worry about wee ones.
Post # 6
I would ask the sisters what they prefer. You obv want them there, and since you haven’t booked anything yet, I think you still have time. What will be easiest also for you as a couple? Is May too soon? Do you not want to wait until 2011? What are your thoughts on it? Have you talked to the sisters about it yet? What about your parents?
Post # 7
This is one of the rare occassions when I would recommend a date change, as it appears you have already decided to do.
My suggestion would be to move it forward more like to June, July. You are big in the fifth and sixth month, definitely showing, but women are usually still totally mobile. That is if you have the time.
But don’t wait. You’ve been together a long time, a cruise could still be fun totally sober and sligthly less active.
Post # 8
Thank you for all the quick comments. See the cruise will leave from Florida and we live in Socal . One sister lives in Socal and one in Texas. So the wedding in the port before it leaves does not work.
Yes we both want them there. We have waited 10 years to get married and the 2010 was a big deal for the year to do it. We wanted 10-10-10 but the was not working so we were just going to go for 10-5-10.
The goal of the cruise wedding was to have everyone sail with us. Now I have to think will others be able to attend if we move it up to May.
This is a hard one. We just found out this morning about my sister and knew about his sister. I also have another best friend trying to get pregnant as well.
My fiance said that if we push it back everyone will be able to drink and party. However I think with 2 six months olds that is a long shot. I also worry if we push it back they will not be able to make it with new babies.
This is a tough one and I am so thankful for all your comments.
Any more ideas?
Post # 9
I would recommend moving it up. I think August or September at the latest. Chances are they will be too preoccupied with the babies that they won’t even really drink anyways. Are you really set on the cruise leaving from florida?
Post # 10
I’d consider moving it up, not longer.
Post # 11
I say move it up. I agree that once the babies are out it will be difficult. Get married before they give birth.
Think of the fun pictures you are going to have! You will definately be the thinnest one there! 🙂
Post # 12
It really depends, I would either move it up if both are comfertable going, and medically allowed. If not, move it back until they both can come. I would do whatever makes you the happiest!
Post # 13
Yes we are set on a cruise from Florida.
We have cruised from CA to mexico before and it was nothing special.
Plus we are taking our kids with us and making it a special week for them as well.
DO you think it will be difficult for many other people to join us if we move it up to MAY?
We don’t want to go during June/July because of the price increase .
yes the pictures will be great with both of them pregnant. Very funny LOL
Post # 14
What do your sisters think? I think that may guide your decision. Are you able to move everything up to May if you wanted to?
I’m thinkin’ if I were in your position, I’d move it to May so that come October, all the attention can be on the little babies 🙂 And then the new moms won’t have to worry about missing their sister’s wedding because they went into labor. I know for me, I would be crushed if my sister had to miss my wedding, so I can imagine that you would feel the same.
Just my thoughts! You’ll make the right decision … it will just feel right 🙂
Post # 15
Scratch June/July, that is a good point about price.
If you can do May, that seems best.
Post # 16
Looks like I need to figure out how to get married in May.
I thought I would have plenty of time to send invites out now I will need to rush.
how do I loss 25lbs in 3 months?