(Closed) Need HELP Please- Eloping to Montego Bay, Jamaica. Need officicant????

posted 8 years ago in Elopement
Post # 3
6112 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I see you posted in the destination weddings!  I think anyone who was married in Jamaica can help you as it doesn’t matter how many guests you have – it’s still all the same laws!

Post # 4
672 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I would call the resort and ask them the questions. We are getting married at Couples Tower Isle and the took care of everything for us. We sent them our paperwork and they got us our marriage license. I do know that you need to get a marriage license in the Country, state, city or county you are getting married in, so a FL marriage license would only work if the wedding is taking place in Florida. 

Here are a few links with information on how to obtain a marriage license:



I hope this helps. Does the resort you are staying at offer a wedding/elopement package? It might be worth checking out. 

Good luck Smile

Post # 5
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Yes definitely call your resort!  We stayed in Negril for a week in July and to qualify for the “free” wedding where we stayed you had to have a certain number of rooms (and nights)…  which it was just the 2 of us so obviously we did not qualify.  They said they would “have to get back to us” with a quote for anything else…  and that took forever, so we said nevermind.  LOL

The topic ‘Need HELP Please- Eloping to Montego Bay, Jamaica. Need officicant????’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors