- 6 years ago
- Wedding: May 2013
I’m in the homestretch of planning – 49 days (yikes!). I’ve posted some troubles here and it’s been a rough week and a half, but actually some good has come of it (Like my mommy-boy FH telling his mother that I’m going to be his wife, and she will respect me – score!) and I’m staying hopeful.
So I need some help figuring out the details of my quasi-Medieval/renaissance romantic wedding.
Right now – decor is lots and lots of candles (more than 300) with lush red flower center pieces featuring red roses.
Playing to theme:
– our programs are rolled like scrolls, tied shut with ribbon
– at each table setting is a antique gold silk pouch, tied shut with ribbon containing their favor
– Each table is named after a castle or kingdom (geekdom rules: Winterfell, Camelot, etc)
– Table seating is being done via a seating chart – that looks like a land map from a fantasy book
– We will have a medieval crest hung from the center of our sweetheart table.
I really want to capture the whimsy of our favorite Renaissance faires, bringing in both ribbon and pennant flags.
Would it be weird if I ask if could stake pennant in venue’s outdoor garden where our ceremony and cocktail hour is taking place?
Also – I wanted to do ribbon, and was thinking of tying various lengths to a line and possibly hanging that like people do the pennant/flags instead. Would that look too childish?
Is there something that makes you think “renfaire” that could be affordably done?