Post # 1
Need your advice. The Fiance and I have booked a venue that is a little over $6k, and we have paid a $1.5K deposit we can’t get back..at least the contract says that…
However, I have been so up in the area because I really don’t want to be spending so much on a wedding with all of the other finances we have out there coming up. I’ve contemplated canceling our venue and going somewhere else and spending about $7k on a wedding, instead of our thoughts of a $15k one.
Fiance wasn’t happy about this, but I just don’t know what to do. Any thoughts? Has this happened to you?
Post # 2
What has caused the change of heart? Personally, I’d be upset if my Fiance suddenly wanted to change the venue and slash the budget, while out of the gate losing $1500. Where is this coming from, how did you decide on the original budget? Do you have an alternate venue in the $7k budget that you like already? It might be helpful to see what type of wedding you can have on a $7k budget instead of the $15k? If that still meets both your needs, it might be easier for your fiance to accept?
Post # 3
There’s no right answer. It would suck to lose $1500 just because you had a change of heart, but on the other hand, spending $7k plus the lost $1500 deposit is still cheaper than spending $15k.
You and your fiance are going to have to sit down and do some real planning and math and decide what works better for you as a couple.