Post # 1
So I’m looking for makeup to buy for the wedding. I would get it professionaly done but I need more makeup anyways.
So I have a few questions…
For self tanning, what do you recommend? I’ve used the lotions many times in my younger days but don’t know if there is anything else out there better nowadays. I don’t want to go have it done. I’ve already got to get some waxing and hair dye done, don’t want a super high bill for my mom from the salon so I’m going to do this myself. So what are some good self tanning products?
What kind of concealor should I get? I see some people say that some of the concealors make your eyes look bright and white in photos, so what should I avoid and what should I get?
What kind of foundation? Should I get the matte for my face, the regular long wear or the mineral makeup for foundation?
And the same thing goes for the powder. Which kind of powder should I get?
Post # 3
I don’t have any recommendations on self tanner, never used it.
But for foundation, I highly recommend Makeup Forever HD. It’s a really great foundation, one of the best on the market. And it’s meant for photo shoots. No white reflection.
To give you a recommendation on concealer I really have to know your concerns. Do you have dark under eye circles, just some discoloration, bags, etc. Too difficult to give a recommendation without knowing what you hope to cover.
And for powder, my favorite is MAC mineralize skinfinish natural. Absoloutely beautiful and photographs well. I will never wear another foundation. And if you wet your brush, either a bit of water or a setting spray before application. You get a really beautiful dewy finish.
Post # 4
Thank you. And for the concealor I just use it for the discoloration. My eyes are darker under but no bags, so I just use to to even out the tone. I also use it for random pimples when I get them and a couple dark spots I have from picking at my face when I was younger.
Sorry for low quality. No lighting in this room. That’s without any makeup
Post # 5
Okay, so for concealer then my recommendations would be as follows:
Not sure if you are looking for high end or drugstore so I’ll give some recommendations on both.
I think for you it looks like some undereye brightening is the biggest concern so I would recommend Yves saint laurent radiant touch. A beautiful undereye concealer that really brightens. Pretty expensive though. Can be found at Sephora.
Another sephora product I really like is the Tarte Maracuja creaseless concealer. Its a thicker formula, more fuller coverage.
If you’re looking to cover up dark spots/pimples I recommend MAC’s studio finish concealer. That will cover anything you’ve got! Although some people use it under eyes as well, its very thick and settles into creases really badly. So it wouldn’t be my recommendation.]
For drugstore brand, I think the best undereye concealer is Maybelline Fit Me. It can be a really great brightener as well.
And biggest tip I can give you is to set your undereye concealer to prevent creasing.
Hope that helps!
Post # 6
I agree, it’s the best foundation I’ve ever used!
My recommendation would be to book a makeup appointment to get some guidance – perhaps with Sephora or MAC. I’m confident when it comes to everyday makeup, but since I’ll do my wedding makeup, I would want to get some professional input first. So that’s my plan!
Post # 7
I agree with the Makeup Forever HD foundation tip, and would also use their HD concealer for under eye/any blemishes. I know you want to save money with the self tanner and this is a little pricey, but St Tropez is the best in the biz and will leave you looking naturally tan with no orange. I am very fair and when self tanners are not so great they look terrible on me, but St Tropez is a life saver. And buy the glove the use it, it will make you streak free.
Post # 8
1. St. Moriz self tanning mousse. For legs I like to use Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. It gives your legs a little color and really does make them look airbrushed. I like that it washes off.
2. For undereye concealer get a shade that is salmon/peach colored. Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier have excellent ones that do not have white cast in photos.
3. On my wedding day I wore Dior Airflash Spray Foundation. It was absolutely incredible. My makeup looked flawless and amazing in pictures. It is expensive though… $60+.
4. I use MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural. Love it. I haven’t found anything else that I like as much since I started using MSFN three years ago. I use it every.single.day.
5. Another product I would recommend is Skindinavia Finishing Spray. I sprayed it on my face before I did any makeup and then after I did all of my makeup. I used this instead of foundation primer. I don’t really like foundation primer. I used the Bridal formula on my wedding day, but I have used ALL of their formulas and they’re all great!