(Closed) Need opinions ASAP re: date (decision already late)

posted 7 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
Member
14496 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Is the reception in or outdoors?  For me, I think I would put up with a small chill in the air to make sure the people I want there can come.

Post # 4
Member
1927 posts
Buzzing bee

Is 9/8 Labor day weekend?

Post # 6
Member
4520 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I would say do 8/25 (since it sounds like that’s he date you want), but I’m kind of confused on that scenario. Who is FMOH? Favorite maid of honor? 

If you do it 9/8, you don’t have to worry about any conflicts. September in the Catskills isn’t realy that cold — I went to a wedding there in September and it was lovely. Lots of strapless dresses with little wraps after sunset.

 

Post # 8
Member
4520 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Oh. In that case, I’d go with 9/8, since the conflict on 8/25 is a family one.

Confession — the wedding I went to in September in the Catskills was mine! (ignore my profile saying October — that’s to conceal my identity, haha.) Our weekend sounds similar to yours, and it really was beautiful. Warm enough during the day for swimming and shorts. Honestly, I would think July or August would be too hot/humid, if anything. 

Post # 9
Member
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

If you are really concerned about the weather in September have your wedding on 8/25, unless your Fiance has a small family it shouldn’t be that big of a deal, and you said you aren’t close with them anyways.

Otherwise early September is usually very nice out still

🙂

Post # 10
Member
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

9/8 

It is better to have your friends and family around on the special day than have sunny weather.

Post # 12
Member
3121 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Cecilia37:

For me, it’s simple.  Weather affects everyone.  If you’re worried about it now, you will worry about it until the day it arrives.  Scratch September.  FMIL’s family is FAMILY now.  There’s another option so I think you should scratch the 25th.  The July date would be my choice.  That really stinks that your Bridesmaid or Best Man can’t be there, but there are so many things along the way that she can share with you!  You will also make many memories with her little girl at other times.  That’s just my opinion!

Post # 13
Member
1927 posts
Buzzing bee

I say go with the Sept date.  Even up North it will still be comfortable.  You can’t ever be sure what the weather will be so plan around things you can control (like family conflicts).

Post # 14
Member
1843 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I would pick either of the dates EXCEPT the 8/25 date (now that you’ve clarified it’s FMIL’s family).  Especially since they’ve already sent out their Save-The-Date Cards, I think it would be rude to plan your wedding for the same day and potentially cause problems for your FI’s family.

Post # 16
Member
3461 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

It really depends on the family whether the FMIL’s cousin’s daughter’s wedding would be an issue or not.  We’re likely not inviting FI’s many many many first cousins, only the 8 sets of aunts/uncles.  We wouldn’t care if one of FMIL’s cousin’s kids (this is what, 2nd cousin?) was getting married on our day and took away a guest or two.  But since you’d be second you’d need to find out from the family if it would bother the bride & groom or the guests who have to choose.  I’m only inviting a few of my second cousins.  Given the time constraint, if you don’t already know this – pick the Sept date.

ETA: FI’s choice not to invite cousins in order to have more of his friends there, I’m not playing favorites!  Even with inviting a few of my second cousins, my immediate family is small we’d still be fewer than FI’s family.

The topic ‘Need opinions ASAP re: date (decision already late)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors