(Closed) Need opinions! Beer & Wine & Cheap liquor

posted 8 years ago in Reception
  • poll: What should we offer? (Please read post first! :) )
    Beer and wine : (10 votes)
    50 %
    Hard liquor as well : (10 votes)
    50 %
  • Post # 3
    3671 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

I think that’s up to you.  I’d have some of the liquor, maybe one or two but not too much since it’s earlier in the day.  However, I don’t drink wine or beer.  If you don’t think anyone would have it, don’t bother.  But like you said, it is only $100 more.  I would say go off of what you and your fiance like and what you think your friends and his family would drink.

Post # 4
    1498 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

Since it’s an afternoon wedding, I’d say just stick with beer and wine.  I went t a wedding this past weekend that was beer/wine only and no one knew the difference and it was an fairly formal evening event.

Post # 6
    7 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I am having a beer. wine and soda bar,

it woudl cost $3500.00

to add a hard liqior to the bar. we would rather use that 3500 for

a honeymoon . ; )

Post # 7
    3219 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

I dont drink beer but I will drink wine sometimes if I have to. I would be much happier with bottom shelf vodka then wine tho

Post # 8
    647 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

I really wouldn’t offer the option of hard liquor, since it’s not good stuff anyway, and your wedding is so early in the day.  I don’t think it would even occur to most people to order the hard stuff, or even drink much at all.

Post # 9
    1991 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I’m pretty indifferent.

If you only have beer and wine, I’d be okay with it. When it comes to liquor, I only drink mixed drinks. If it was bottom shelf liquor, I wouldn’t automatically blame the bride & groom for it not being a good drink. I’d more than likely think, it was the venue’s fault.

Post # 10
    2538 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

Our reception ended at 5 and we just had wine and beer. No one said a word about wanting liquor. It was also a lot of fun because we tasted all kinds of wines to pick out the best red and white we could afford.

Post # 11
    3671 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

I do drink liquor like I said but I wouldn’t be offended if you didn’t have it, I just would drink whatever non-alcoholic drinks you had.  I just meant that if it was there I’d probably have one or two but it’s not a huge deal if it’s not there and like someone else said if it’s not top shelf liquor if it is there it wouldn’t really be a huge deal to me either.

Post # 12
    396 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

I can’t stand beer, and I’m a borderline *wine snob* (I know I know… but some of it I think burns more than $5 vodka going down!) So to me I would rather drink a cape cod with cheap vodka then just have beer and wine as my options. It’s up to you though your guests should be more than happy to be given the option of any alcohol! $100 isn’t that much money though either.

Post # 13
    376 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

I would normally say add the liquor too, since that is normally what I drink. That said, I probably wouldn’t drink it during an afternoon wedding and wouldn’t miss it. I would drink some wine 🙂

For the day, you could always offer some liquor options like blood marys and screwdrivers. 

The topic ‘Need opinions! Beer & Wine & Cheap liquor’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors