(Closed) Need opinions on this ring….help!!!! 1.25 center stone si1 g in color 3.25 tcw

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

@Bones777:  Personally I think the band is too much… with the diamonds all the way around, it’s likely to rub/irritate the middle and pinky finger of the wearer! The center stone is a nice size though, and a good color (I honestly think G-D look the same, so I wouldn’t pay more for an F over a G!). Personally I don’t like anything lower than VS1 for clarity, but to each their own…especially if the cut is very good, you won’t notice too much 🙂 Hope this helped some…??

Post # 5
6359 posts
Bee Keeper

Very nice!

In terms of constructive criticism, could you possibly bring up the clarity of the feature diamond to a VS2? Even going down in size a tad if necessary. I also… personally… think that slightly smaller melee stones around the band would be even more flattering.

Post # 6
2497 posts
Buzzing bee

@Bones777:  It’s pretty and I definitely wouldn’t say no to it! A full eternity band is really hard to resize, so hopefully your ring size doesn’t change ever! I personally would rather have a center stone with better clarity or a larger center stone (than have a band that blingy). G color is great, so that’s one thing I wouldn’t change. Also, I think large bands tend to make the center stone look smaller. That’s just my two cents.

Post # 8
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Those side stones are each 1/8 carat diamonds. Maybe finding a band that only has 2-3 stones down each side wouldn’t rub the finger as much 🙂

Post # 9
2118 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Baby #2 due Sep 2017

I gotta say I don’t like the diamonds on the band.. but maybe it’s just that the photo is heavily edited and has cheesey ‘sparkles’. Do you have a real life photo/can you find another online?

Post # 10
6359 posts
Bee Keeper

@Bones777:  Yes, personally I really can. My personal cost/clarity tradeoff is VS1, but some people are more focused on optimizing size than I am, that’s why I suggested VS2, it’s still quite clean.

Post # 12
304 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@Bones777:  I like this one much better :). Great job!

Post # 13
6359 posts
Bee Keeper

@Bones777:  I would stick with G color rather than I.

You don’t have to choose a mounted diamond. You can buy both parts seperately. And you can ask a jeweler to source several diamonds to show you, that meet your minimum criteria. Your selection is much wider than just a few already-set diamonds.

Post # 14
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@Bones777:  YESSSSS im trading in my Current ideal G Si2 because in very good lighting i can see smallllllllll white particles that tended to make it look cloudy at times, how ever in most lighting it didnt bother me.  But it was enough to make me want to upgrade it to an E Vs2

The topic ‘Need opinions on this ring….help!!!! 1.25 center stone si1 g in color 3.25 tcw’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors