(Closed) Need Photographer for $500…In my dreams?

posted 9 years ago in North Carolina – Research Triangle
Post # 3
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Check with local universities and see if there are any photog students who want to build their portfolios. Also check Craig’s List!

Post # 4
1765 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Yeah, you should be able to find a student photographer who can do them for that price or lower, especially in the Research Triangle area… there are quite a few universities that way.

Post # 5
4566 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’ll also recommend the student route, but be warned that even $500 for a student photographer is going to be pushing it. I took a ton of photo classes in college and most of my peers who were decent at wedding photography still charged $1000 or more. You might be able to get $500 if you don’t want post-processing or prints, just a raw DVD.

Post # 6
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Try calling Jennifer Haygood, jbhaygoodphotography.com. She charged me more than that, but if it is a Friday and you only want limited hours, you should talk to her – she’s very friendly and started out relatively recently.  Plus, she lives in Cary so it wouldn’t be far for her! You guys may be able to work out some kind of compromise.

Post # 7
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I’ve noticed how crazy photogrpher prices are! My photog was $500 for 3 hours and the DVD. Granted we are in a really smalll town and no one around here would pay 1000 for pictures. Hope you can find someone that can help you out. With the economy the way it is maybe they are willing to negotiate since the wedding is on a Friday and chances are they wont have a shot at all. You never know until you ask.

Post # 9
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2009

try kelly martin photography in raleigh. she did my wedding pics and she did a great job. she is just starting in the business and her prices are very reasonable.

http://www.kellymartinphotography.com

Post # 10
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2009

i got married on a friday as well!

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am also looking for a reasonably priced photographer. I just engaged on 12/25/09 so Im very busy contacting photographers, etc and cant believe how much the prices vary. Does anyone mind posting what they paid for their photographer and what all you received for that price? Thanks!

Post # 12
1995 posts
Buzzing bee

My fiance does wedding photography on the side.  He normally charges atleast $800 but might consider less for fewer hours and a nice gift card or homemade dinner!

Post # 13
3252 posts
Sugar bee

Yea. I found my photog on craigslist for $500.

The topic ‘Need Photographer for $500…In my dreams?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors