(Closed) Need Some Non-Alcoholic Drink Suggestions & Punch Recipes

posted 6 years ago in Food
Post # 5
7311 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

Lemonade, regular or flavored

Iced tea, regular or flavored

My Mom’s fruit punch recipe- 2 liters ginger ale + 2 packages of a berry flavored kool-aid, prepared according to package directions + 2 pints rainbow sherbert. Put all ingredients into a bowl, stir, serve. The kids in our family request this punch at every family gathering we have. If it isn’t served, there may be a riot. LOL

Post # 6
878 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I would determine this based on the time of the wedding and the theme. For example, I am having a midday brunch and I am offering an open espresso bar. I will offer juice and soda as well.

-I love this soda bar idea:

http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/diy-an-old-fashioned-soda-bar

It’s fancier than just handing out coke and sprite πŸ™‚

-Punch is really easy to make- just one part sprite, one part Juice. Put ice cream scoops in it to keep it cool and make a creamy froth on top.

Post # 8
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I went to a wedding that offered a hibiscus iced tea or ginger-spiked lemonade during the cocktail hour, and a strawberry-basil type drink as their signature cocktail. The whole event was dry, but I didn’t really miss the bar because they made the choices so interesting!

Post # 10
3175 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’ve heard of people doing ‘water bars’, which I think is cute. In those big glass jars, one with lemon wedges, one with mint, etc. There are pretty pictures & ideas if you Google search πŸ™‚

Post # 11
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

you have a lot of great ideas posted.  you won’t be needing a lot of variety with only 14-20 ppl.  love the espresso bar.

just so you know, many regular cocktails can be made into mocktails by just omitting the alcohol.

Post # 12
206 posts
Helper bee

I’m a te

Post # 14
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Cappugcino:  yes, i do it all the time.  if you want something fruity, pineapple juice tastes great with everything; orange juice, cranberry juice.  i would suggest buying a few different juices and going home to try a few concoctions.  mocktails look great in martini glasses.  you could come up with a signature mocktail and name it after you & your Fiance.  let me know if you need any suggestions.

The topic ‘Need Some Non-Alcoholic Drink Suggestions & Punch Recipes’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors