(Closed) Need Some Opinions On My Dresses (picture heavy, sorry!)

posted 7 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which is the nicest dress?
    Cinderella 205 inspired dress : (53 votes)
    78 %
    Illusion Neckline dress from Dressilyme : (4 votes)
    6 %
    Super v-neck lace mermaid dress which I'm THINKING of. : (11 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 18
    1998 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
    @glitterblingsparklebee:  I like the dress a lot better with your photoshop alterations! I agree, no harm asking your dress maker for alterations, and if she says no, there are always other seamstresses! 

The width of the wrap is better now but I don’t think it would hurt if it were a little narrower still, it comes up too high under your bust and looks a little awkward. Also, do you feel like you have extra room around your waist? It looks that way! It doesn’t cinch you in enough, that’s why I recommended a belt. 

A good thing to try would be a mermaid or trumpet slip to widen the bottom portion of your dress too, thus making your waist look smaller.  

I’m completely in love with your first dress – that is gorgeous! Shimmer tulle, ahhhh. Are you only wearing a slip in the last pic? I love the fullness, especially in the picture from behind. Heaven!  

Post # 19
    192 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

I still prefer #1.

Post # 21
    192 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

Oh I see in that case I like both.

Post # 22
    159 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I think the first one looks the best on you.  Adding a crinoline is a good idea but if you do, make sure it is as long as the skirt.  You can see the edge of the one you tried in one of the pics. 

Post # 24
    349 posts
    Helper bee

This is probably just a sign of my age (I’m an MOB) but I cannot imagine why you wouldn’t wear the first dress (ceremony dress) for all your wedding events.  It is one of the most beautiful dresses I’ve seen and flatters you in every way.  You do truly look like a princess in that dress.  I know from this site that the two dress bride is becoming very common, but I cannot imagine you wanting to take off the first dress. That said, I sewed for weddings for many years, and your previous posters’ comments on possible modifications to the second dress are all good ideas.  I’m just not sure that style does justice to your body, and the slim skirt looks like it would restrict your movement at the reception.  If you plan to dance, that could be a real issue.  Good luck, and I hope you’ll post your final dress or dresses decision!

The topic ‘Need Some Opinions On My Dresses (picture heavy, sorry!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors