(Closed) Need suggestions for vneck with straps dress! Desperately seeking Mori Lee 1817

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@jsimp12:  I haven’t tried on the same Alfred Angelo dress that you tried on; I tried on the 2240. It was one strap. It looked great in the pictures but I was disappointed with the way it looked on me. All the dresses I tried on at Alfred Angelo were just too plain for my like. The 2240 felt heavy all around. HOWEVER, I DID try on the Mori Lee 1817 🙂

The 1817 has a more elegant look than the dress you tried on. I can almost guarantee it! The chiffon was such a beautiful material and the ruffles on the side flowed so well. Although it looks really fluffy, it is NOT heavy at all. I am pear shaped and wanted to cover my bottom half without looking like a large cotton ball haha. I felt comforable, not snug in any place and the flowy bottom was gorgeous. Everyone in the bridal shop commented ow well this dress looked on me when I walked out to see myself.

The bling on the dress was the focal point and that was something that Alfred Angelo lacked. Not as much detailing, I think. The straps just gleamed on my shoulders and back. Take a look at the pictures!

I am 5’6′ and this is a size 14 dress.

I hope this helps! 

Post # 4
1063 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2014 - Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts

I’ve tried on the Mori Lee 1817.  I first picked it out for my co-worker to try on.  But she didn’t like how it looked on her.  So i decided to give it a try since I am “thicker” than she was.  I was beautiful I just didn’t like how the ruffle like side flowed into the back of the dress.  I do agree with nessa0452 that it is very light weight because it is made from organza fabric.  So you can definately dance the night away in it.  It looks a little different on me then the stock photo.  If I remembr correctly I think I had on a size 14 as well.

The topic ‘Need suggestions for vneck with straps dress! Desperately seeking Mori Lee 1817’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors