(Closed) Need very budget $5000 Ct reception

posted 5 years ago in Connecticut
Post # 4
9145 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

1. Cut the guest list.

2. Cut the guest list.

3. Treat it more like a party than a wedding at first (i.e. what do you need at the minimum to throw a party?)

4. Stick to the budget and cut out unnecessary extras.  You don’t have to have a cake topper to get married.  You can use a homemade or grocery store cake versus an actual wedding cake.  Cut down the floral bill by cutting out flowers as much as possible (think bridal bouquet only, no need for bouts.)  Have one MOH and BM instead of a large bridal party.

5. Search craigslist for local bargain photographers.

6. iPod or Spotify wedding “DJ.”

7. Cater a buffett from local Italian or BBQ restaurant (this brough my food bill down to under $12 per person!)

8. Try to book during the low, shoulder or off season for weddings and vacations in your area.  We chose early November because it’s the low season where we are getting married and more vendors are available at bargain prices.

9. Pick up a copy of Bridal Bargains.  It has been a lifesaver for me in planning my wedding on a tight budget.

10. Save on the wedding dress.  Repeat.  Save $$$ on the wedding dress.  You can find beautiful custom gowns on reputable bargain sites like Dressilyme for $150-300 versus the $1000+ of using a bridal salon.

Post # 5
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@beachbride1216:  I know this is a slightly old post, but I’m a similar situation. I’m looking for some reputable bargain sites (you recommended: Dressilyme ).  Are there any others? I’m not so sure what is reputable and what is going to make me look like I’m wearing a white tent.

Thank you!!

Jenny

Post # 6
9145 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

@JH2013:  There are too many to count and it really depends on what you are looking for.  Dressilyme has the most consistent reviews on here imo.  Runa search for “dressilyme” and you will find pictures of replica gowns they have made for brides on here and it seems to me that for the most part brides are happy with their purchases.

As for other sites, you really have to search out certain decor and design elements to find bargain sites specific to them.  Dollar Tree is good for small vases and votives.  Oriental Trading is great for photo booth backdrops and props as well as napkins and table decor.  Luna Bazaar sells lanterns.  Quick candles sells luminaries.  Seashellco.com sells seashells and starfish in bulk. mywedding.com offers a free wedding website.

If you ahve no idea where to start I would recommend picking up a copy of Bridal Bargains (check it out from your local library or borrow from a friend for extra bonus bargain points!)  It helped me immensely in planning a bargain wedding the first time around with an $8K budget.  This time I trimmed what I felt were extras from my first wedding to make it a $5K budget.  Wedding cake (specialty cakes but not an official wedding cake) and minimal bouquet flowers are coming from the local grocery store to cut out between $300 and $500 from my budget alone.  Ordering a dress from Dressilyme will save me over $500.  Spotify will be my free(!) DJ.  We are catering a BBQ buffet from a local restaurant for under $12 a person and yes (gasp) we plan to use paper plates and plastic utensils along with solo cups.

Post # 7
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Thank you so much! I took busted out my new “wedding notebook” and started taking notes. I will definitely check these sites out and pick up a copy of Wedding Bargains. I would love love love to do a BBQ buffet for my wedding – much more my style than anything super formal.  Just trying to make the family happy is costing me so much money! Thanks again for your help. I’m going to head over to dressilyme right now.

Thank you again for the resonse.  I’ve been so overwhelmed trying to figure out where to start 🙂

The topic ‘Need very budget $5000 Ct reception’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors