(Closed) Need your advice and opinion- wedding band for total 10.5 carat ring

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 47
1287 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@mypinkshoes:  I REALLY love that baguette eternity band! I think OP’s ring is stunning and could definitely stand alone – but an eternity ring on the opposite hand is always a nice addition

Post # 48
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 1993

I just finished creating my custom upgrade.  Not to the level of your ring, by any means, but I did learn a few things along the way I thought I would share with you.

First off, go to the jewelry stores and try on different eternity bands.  There are many variations.  I only did that once and then used our custom jeweler to recreate a ring i had found but on a larger scale.  You might want to leave your ering in your pocket because once the salesman sees your fabulousness they will try to upsale you like none other.  Just use this time to look at different styles of bands and different stone combinations.  Shopping around a little bit more might have kept my stress level down a bit.

Once you decide on your jeweler, trust his judgment to execute your vision.  I caused myself extra stress by second guessing my choices after I left each appointment.  Fortunately, the bee talked me through many anxious days as I waited to go back and see the next proof.

Consider not matching your cuts exactly.  As an example, I have a radiant cut ering.  I knew I didn’t like round diamond eternity bands and thought about emerald or baguettes.  My jeweler encouraged me to match the sparkle of the radiant and suggested the princess cut.  He thought the other two cuts would be too flat.  The end result for me is a product that I am totally happy with and the brilliance of one compliments the brilliance of the other.

Don’t be afraid to go with options, and maybe get a plain band for certain situations that you have outlined and a sparkly one for others.  I have two eternity bands and have very much enjoyed wearing them in different combinations.  Last week I worked in one situation and wore only my bands.  The next day I went to dinner with Darling Husband and wore all the sparklies together!

All in all, you ring is absolutely beautiful and looks gorgeous on your hand.  Your Fiance did a fabulous job with his design and I’m sure that together you will design a wonderful compliment to it.  Congratulations!

Post # 49
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@HannahGrace:  You’re being an incredible instigator for no reason at all. 

Post # 52
302 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

@Badatusernames:  I would get a thin plain spacer band AND the asscher eternity. Just because you have them all doesn’t mean you’ll wear them all together but it will give you options – you’d wear the plain band to Lowes, the asscher band for lunch out with the girls, maybe all 3 for dinner with Barack and Michele…lol! You get the idea. GORGEOUS ring and CONGRATULATIONS!! Welcome!

P.S. The tags were fine? All quite apprpriate. Not sure what the issue is there. Worry not.

Post # 53
11377 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@Badatusernames:  It isn’t mine! But I also wonder the same. I want to get a eternity band with nicely sized stones (cz) just because I think they’re so beautiful. But I doubt I’ll wear it often. Only when I go out and want extra bling. 

Post # 54
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 1993

@Badatusernames:  So far I have really bad pictures of it but I will share.  I include pics of the total set and just the bands.  It is 1.8 center and 2.2 in the bands to total 4 ctw.  It doesn’t get a lot of love from others and still needs some tweaking, since it is custom, but the jeweler doesn’t want to do anythng else to it until I get my cast of and that won’t be for another month. I do plan to have him cut the ering band down another mm or so and maybe the side walls of the eternity bands but that is the beauty of custom!

Post # 55
3303 posts
Sugar bee

I would go with a super skinny, plain band.  If you do anything thicker, your engagement ring will be past your knuckle, making it very hard to flex your finger.

If you want something flashier, then I think you will have to make this a RHR.

I try to focus on 1 flashy piece at a time.  Otherwise both end up overpowering the other, and neither gets the attention they deserve.

Post # 56
Hostess
9833 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Chicago, IL

@Badatusernames:  I say go for an alternating diamond and sapphire (french cut) eternity band! Maybe even one on each side 

Post # 57
4697 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@HannahGrace:  So because her ring is over a certain carat size, she can’t ask for advice? Good god.

@Badatusernames:  I like the idea of the Ascher eternity band. Plain may look out of place next to such a standout ring.

Post # 58
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2006

@HannahGrace:  Your comment was completely unnecessary. If you do not have anything nice to say, shut it. OP had a sincere question about her ring, and your sarcasm was a low blow. It just makes you look insecure. This is the place to ask questions about rings, and if you do not have anything of value to contribute…move on.

OP, your ring is gorgeous, and I agree a simple asscher eternity band would look amazing!

Post # 59
930 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@mypinkshoes:  That baguette eternity band would be TO DIE FOR paired with OP’s Engagement Ring, especially if you did a prong-set baguette band to match the overall look better.

Post # 60
528 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

@HannahGrace:  Strange comment? She didn’t even choose the ring, and it was a genuine question.

Post # 61
528 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

@Badatusernames:  My advice is to try some on! It’s a really unique ring, so you’ll never know what will look good until you see the rings on your hand 🙂 Besides, any excuse to try jewellery on…

The topic ‘Need your advice and opinion- wedding band for total 10.5 carat ring’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors