(Closed) Need your advice and opinion- wedding band for total 10.5 carat ring

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 79
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 1993

Thank you for your kind comments!  You will find that jewelers can be wierd on lots of things.  The jwewler in the store where I found the original set I loved took the picture and volunteered to do so.  It might work better if you go without your Fiance and/or tell them that you do better thinking about it and deciding later and want to remember what combination you liked the best.  Also, my bands are tapered and are more slim at the bottom which increases finger functionality.  I hpe that made sense! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 80
2977 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I have no advice to offer b/c the other’s advice was already so good, so I just wanna say that your ring is amazing. Asscher cuts are my absolute favorite. I’d be getting an asscher eternity band like blingbling posted and moving the e-ring to my right hand after I was married. Have fun trying on bands!

Post # 81
2437 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Badatusernames:  i think either would look nice, but if it were me I would go for a plain band.

Post # 82
2529 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Why not do both? With such a statement engagement ring, I might want to switch back and forth between a plain band and a blingy band.

Personally, I bought a plain band but my e-ring is very simple (like my tastes hahaha). I didn’t buy it from our e-ring jeweler, I bought it off Etsy for about $200 (white gold, 2mm, size 4 7/8) so that I don’t feel as lousy if when I scratch/bang it up, etc. ๐Ÿ™‚

You could always buy the bling (ok, diamond, I just like to say bling) wedding band from the jeweler and then buy an inexpensive plain band as a back-up or a i-don’t-feel-like-bling-today band somewhere else.

You can exchange both ringe during the ceremony, so as to make them both OFFICIAL wedding bands, hahaha

Post # 83
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I think you should do a nice, plain band too.  Your e-ring has enough bling that I would worry it could get overwhelming if the band had much going on.  

Post # 84
2449 posts
Buzzing bee

@Badatusernames:  I just came across this post…I think previous posters covered everything in terms of advice, but I just wanted to say that wow your ring is gorgeous and I love it!

Post # 85
1318 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - NH

I really like the eternity bands posted!  Good luck finding the perfect match!

Post # 87
1529 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

What a beauty!!!!! 

I think I would go for a plain band, although a diamond band worn on the other hand would look good. Come to think of it a diamond and sapphire band would be perfect.

lol – sorry to confuse the issue. You have endless possibilities but something that doesn’t take away from the beauty of your ERing would be the way I would go.

Congratulations ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 88
12245 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

1- That is a seriously incredible ring

2- You have the most gorgeous model hands ever

3- I vote the sideways baguette band!

Post # 90
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 1993

@Badatusernames:  I had my Darling Husband take pictures when we were doing our upgrade.  The jeweler didn’t mind because I couldn’t see it.  I had a cast on my hand and couldn’t bend my wrist up to see the rings on my hand, particularly if they laid diamonds on it.  My Darling Husband took pictures on my phone and then showed it to me in the store so I could see!

The topic ‘Need your advice and opinion- wedding band for total 10.5 carat ring’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors