Post # 1
I have a 3 gallon drink dispenser that I’m planning to use for a fruity alcoholic option to beer. We don’t have a bar, so it’s DIY all the way for us. But… we are on a tight budget, so we don’t want to use expensive liquers.
We’re aiming for something simple and tasty. Also, easy to make is key, since we’re making it in mass quantities the day before the wedding.
Post # 3
- 1 Bottle of red wine (I usually buy the $8 CAD Masi red)
- 1 Lemon cut into wedges
- 1 Orange cut into wedges
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Splash of orange juice or lemonade
- 2 Shots of gin or triple sec (optional)
- 1 Cup of raspberries or strawberries (I buy large bags of frozen berries for this, makes a lot!!)
- 1 Small can of diced pineapples (with juice)
- 4 Cups ginger ale (I think I used 2 or 3 cans)
it looks like a lot but it’s not, especially if you are buying large quantities like the frozen fruit, and large bottles of pop istead of cans. I say buy a bunch of ingredients and dump it all in, do a taste test!!
It’s WAY better made the night before and make sure you put some ice in to chill it before service.
ta da! best party sangria
Post # 4
Best sangria Ive had: Box o’ red wine; 2l of sprite (or ginger ale); crap ton of frozen fruit dumped in.
Or the stuff at hooters, if you find a recipe.