- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2014
Okay, I’m getting ready to pull a vendor switcheroo, [we will need to change our date to 10/10/14, but that’s okay!].
We are going with this pavilion for the reception :
With this as our ceremony place :
I sort of have the seating layout figured out [mind you, it’s a rough draft because I don’t have the exact measurements at the moment], it’ll go something like this :
I’m thinking of doing something like this with the ceiling :
And something like this over the dance floor :
Now here’s where I need your input, I have a few questions reguarding doing this :
1. Does my layout look okay? The buffet tables would be taken down after dinner so that would be open. What would you change? Would you like something like this?
2. Would the lanterns AND draping be too much? What would you do differantly? Any ideas on how to put that many up on a ceiling like my venue?
3. For the draping, does tulle work? I find typical tulle to be very thin.. it seems like it would take mutliple layers… has anyone had experiance for this? Or any tips/input?
4. In the picture of my venue, you’ll notice those big large metal doors.. any way to dress those up? I was thinking curtains or tulle around that area. Would that look silly?
5. Should I even really worry about the walls? Will people notice them? Do you notice walls at odd reception places?
Any other input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Also, if it helps, all draping/lanterns would be done in ivory.