Post # 1
Or positive vibes if you’re not the praying type.
(Although I am the praying type, so I’ll be honest – I’d prefer prayers!)
I’m supposed to be here until the end of June.
But I’m really struggling with being here. Since I got back I’ve had a knot in my stomach (over a week now) and can’t seem to eat or sleep well. I just … feel like I’m in the wrong place. So I’m considering leaving early. Breaking my work contract and going home to J.
It’s not just the distance between us; being with him made me realise that this job isn’t as good a fit as I thought it was. I still love living abroad, but the actual job that I’m doing now… it’s just not right.
So I’m (we’re) trying to decide between me moving home early or holding out and being miserable until the end of June. Going home will be a logistical nightmare – no job, no where to live (his place is really too small for both of us and he’s on his lease until the end of July – we were going to make it work for a month!), no idea what I would do, really, etc.
I’m kind of freaking out. Thus, appreciate the prayers. Thanks!
Post # 3
Oh honey… hang in there and don’t make any rash decisions while you are in the throes of re-acclimation. I’ll be sending thoughts and prayers and hugs your way!
Post # 4
(((HUGS))) You’ve got it. Lots of prayers coming from Kansas. I know that you and your Fiance will make the right decision for you. I can only imagine how hard it is to be that far away from the one you love, especially if your expectations aren’t being met where you are. I know it sounds cliche but could you consider making a pro/con list? Sometimes it really does help me put things into perspective. Good luck!
Post # 5
((HUGS)) June isn’t that far away in the scheme of things. But I would start shopping your resume around to see if you get bites. It never hurts to shop it around, you know?
Post # 6
- Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch
June is really not that far, even though it feels like it right now. Hang in there, hon! Don’t throw your life into disarray yet; sit on it a little while and see if you can’t bear to get through to June!
Post # 7
awww sweetie. I worked in a place I hated for 15 months, after 2 weeks I was trying to move positions elsewhere, but I couldn’t (it was training, my employers were smarmy crooks). 3 months may seem like an absolute age right now., but living day to day, keeping busy, it will fly. If you do leave early, maybe you guys could make it work, after all, it wouldn’t be for very long. It would suck without having a job to go for.
Whatever you decide, all will come right in the end, I have faith in that 🙂
Post # 8
I will pray that you are able to clear your mind and make the best decision for yourself!
Post # 9
I am praying that you have a clear mind and is given peace in this situation. Be encouraged. Stay strong!
Post # 10
- Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas
I’ll definitely keep you in my prayers! I definitely agree with the others that you shouldn’t make any rash decisions yet – take your time and think about it! Whatever decision you end up making, I’m sure you guys will be able to make it work! I hope things get better for you!!
Post # 11
I’m so sorry that you are having a hard time right now 🙁 I’ll be keeping you in my prayers.
I know how difficult it is to come back, especially after such an amazing trip home and with a wedding coming up. Give yourself a little bit more time to get back into the swing of things, and try not to make any sudden big decisions. Remember, if God wants you to be with J, He will open up a way to return home without the logistical nightmare. For now I will pray that your mind and spirit will be calm, so you can make the correct decision that is best for you and your relationship.
Post # 12
Sending prayers from Ireland – I really hope you get the guidance to make the best decision for you and J. And like previous posters I encourage you to take your time and make a decision you’re confident about and at peace with – it will all work out! Good luck!
Post # 13
I’d hang in there a little. It’d be one thing if you had somewhere to live and a plan, ya know? But if you can’t figure out the logistics, it’s not worth the headache in the end. It’ll take you til June to figure it out!
Maybe give it til May? It’s march–it’ll be right around the corner soon enough!
Post # 14
((HUGS)) I’ll definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers; it’s awful to dislike your job, and on top of that being seperated from your Fiance. Try your best to wait before making a decision, and maybe in the meantime update your resume and start sending it around. Just a change of workplace would be enough of a change to distract you for a while.
Maybe rather than thinking of it like “gotta make it to June”, set up smaller things to look forward to that are closer (“Can’t wait for Saturday – going out with the girls”, etc.). Getting to those smaller goals might make the time seem to go faster; it’s something I used to do when I was in a LDR.