(Closed) Needing passport help!!

posted 8 years ago in Travel
Post # 3
2394 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

If you are leaving directly after your wedding you will need apply for and receive a passport in your maiden name before departing the U.S. in order to re-enter the after your international honeymoon.

Once you’ve returned, you should fill out the form requesting a name change in your current document and file it ASAP.  Provided you submit the request within one (1) year of your first passport (with your maiden name) being issued there is no fee.

Post # 4
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

If your passport applied for within a year you do not have to pay to change the name.

Will it be within a year between your Honeymoon and wedding?

Post # 5
2429 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Yep…once you get married (if you are changing your last name), you’ll have to get another passport.  I don’t think the name change fees are as much, but I’m not 100% sure. 

Post # 7
843 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I believe if you make a change within a year you can do it for free.

The topic ‘Needing passport help!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors