(Closed) Nervous I wont get the church Fall of 2011

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
2588 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

As someone who will have had a three-year engagement by the time of the wedding, I can tell you this: long engagements are not such a big deal. If a proposal is not eminent on the horizon (read: before Christmas, probably), it will be very hard for you to get everything out of the way. My cousin struggled with this–she’s Catholic–and they had to jump churches because they couldn’t get into pre-Cana on time. I’d personally wait and do fall 2012–you’ll have more time to budget and plan, and get that important religious stuff out of the way.

Post # 4
375 posts
Helper bee

eek! I am soo worried about getting the church and venue for next fall!! My bf said to start planning for next fall, but that’s a little difficult without a ring! And yes I think my church would make me wait until we were officially engaged too!

I think it depends on how big your city is too, with things filling up and all.

Post # 5
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I wouldn’t start stressing too much yet.  I got married in a huge, beautiful church in my area and when we booked 9.5 or 10 months out they still had a lot of availability despite the extremely large number of church members.

Maybe it would calm your nerves a bit to just call and inquire about available dates in the months you are considering.  You don’t have to actually book yet and no one over the phone will know if you have a ring on your finger or not.  And I bet you’d hear that they still have a bunch of open weekends at this point for Fall 2011.

Post # 6
935 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I love fall weddings too! If you have to wait another year, it’s not the end of the world. More time to plan 🙂 And you never know, they may have availability after all.

Post # 7
493 posts
Helper bee

OMG! Yes I’m there with you. Of course you don’t want to book anything before you get the ring but it’s going to suck having to change dates, etc. I think mine is worse at least you have about a year. I want an end of Spring beginning of Summer wedding (June 2011). I’m so afraid that I won’t get the venue I want because we want a Destination Wedding in Florida and we’re in Texas. I wish he would come with the ring! We’ve been shopping twice and finally found THE ONE this past weekend. Only problem is I know he doesn’t have the money. Cry 

@yellowlinedpage:  I feel your pain, I feel your pain!

Post # 8
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@PrettySedity: I booked the church and the venue without a ring. 😉

Post # 10
493 posts
Helper bee

@aberry: I actually thought about it but I didn’t want to jinx it I guess. I can understand why you would though.

Post # 12
3587 posts
Sugar bee

Yep, I feel the same way except we want a destination wedding, so we need to give our guests, for those that WANT to come, a little time to save up. Then add in my family is going on a cruise in June-extended family on my mom’s side- so that pretty much marks them off the list because they can’t save for a cruise and a destination wedding.

Will that man hurry up???ARGH. LOL

Post # 15
1066 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Wow, I feel like I could have wrote this 🙁  Same boat as you!!  I was getting so nervous and anxious, typical waiting cycle, but now I just figure I will deal with what happens, even if that means having a 2012 wedding.

If you both have talked and are SURE you want a 2011 fall wedding, I would go ahead and book the church asap, with or without ring.  I kinda regret that we didn’t.  You dont want to have resentment and disappointment later if it doesnt work out the way you wanted, and blame your Fiance or anything.

Otherwise, you might have to wait until 2012.  I dont know how popular your area is, but I know venues are already pretty much booked now for fall 2011 in my area, so it’s been really upsetting for me.

Good luck with what you decide, but I do know it’s becoming more and more common to book things before an actual engagement nowadays, plus you could keep it on the downlow until your proposal really happens.

One more thing, trust me, I know exactly how you feel, bf has had the ring since March, and we’re going on 9 years , I dont know why boys are sooo slow, I even warned him 6 months ago about dates filling up… but other than that, I have not brought it up, I don’t want to be one of THOSE girls.

Good luck.

The topic ‘Nervous I wont get the church Fall of 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors