(Closed) Nervous nellie, just bought the Tacori 2578!

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
3210 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I think we’re dealing with the same Tacori dealer! They replied that they could resize it, and it WOULD NOT negate Tacori’s warranty. They’ve supposedly resized thousands of Tacori rings in the past.

Otherwise, they said that we can take our Tacori certificate to any local dealers and have them resize it. I’ve been emailing back and forth with them and they’ve been very patient.

If you search my post history, I posted about buying buying a semi-mount on Ebay, and a poster replied that I should have the setting appraised once recieved, and have recourse with Ebay/Paypal if it’s not as described.

Post # 5
3210 posts
Sugar bee

@FutureJBMD:  hey, any updates on your ring? It turns out that any discounted Tacori product (sold under the MSRP that Tacori sets) will not have a full warranty. Tacori will still service the ring when sent to them, but you’ll have to pay out of pocket. 

I actually spoke with Tacori’s manager of customer excellence about this because a local authorized Tacori retailer would not honour complementary resizing for my ring, and flat out refused to work on it. I escalated the issue until I was able to speak to a manager at Tacori directly. Tacori as a company has been absolutely fabulous, and has had fantastic customer service. I’m very pleased with them, and understand why they do not allow retailers and unauthorized dealers to discount a luxury product, but I’m displeases by the EBay shop that had assured me my warranty would be intact.

On my end, I was able to speak with Tacori to calculate how much the warranty could possibly be worth. We saved about $1500 on our ring, and since we’re in Canada, it turns out even with the warranty, sending the ring to Tacori would have been prohibitively expensive and a customs nightmare. Because we got such a good price for the setting, the Tacori rep suggested that considering I have a relatively simple solitaire (no crescents or pave), to use the pay-per services of a trusted jeweller that they recommended.

Post # 7
3210 posts
Sugar bee

I believe resizing at Tacori is ~$75, and any other repairs would require a quote. The problem is  that jewellers that sell Tacori samples are usually no longer authorized retailers, as is the case with the Ebay seller that has a brick&mortar store and has been selling a large amount of Tacori in the past few months. Their authorized status expired (or was revoked?) in March, so any sales after that date at discounted prices no longer qualify for the warranty. Tacori was very upset at my predicament, and let me know that they usually forbid retailers from clearing out stock in this manner to avoid consumers being caught off guard like I was. They offered to inspect my ring and resize it for me, but shipping across the border would have been really expensive. 

Each Tacori ring is made in a specific size, and custom to the dimensions of a specific diamond. Thankfully, my diamond is only 0.02mm bigger than the stock cubic zirconia that came with the semi mount, so it fit. However, Tacori’s upgrade policy is that they purchase your ring at 75% of the retail price you paid, and put that toward another setting. I’m sad I won’t be able to take advantage of the trade in policy in the future should I want to upgrade my ring. At the same time, even with resizing and setting fees done by my authorized platinum Tacori dealer, we’ve saved about $1000 off the Tacori MSRP.

Post # 9
25 posts
Newbee

@FutureJBMD:  I just found the same one on Ebay and we are about to order it! Did you get yours yet? Please reply because I have so many questions!

Post # 11
2863 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@FutureJBMD:  would you mind PMing me the name of the seller? 

Post # 12
25 posts
Newbee

@FutureJBMD:  Wow, that is so beautiful! I’m just so scared of not having a warranty. Have you had to repair it at all yet? Also, could you PM me the name of your seller? I want to see if it’s the same one. 

The topic ‘Nervous nellie, just bought the Tacori 2578!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors