(Closed) Nervous…Is my set too 1970s?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
3265 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I was expecting some incredibly 1970’s thing the way you described it. I think it’s beautiful in BLINGY! I wouldn’t even think 1970’s with that! Don’t let the coworker get you down.

Post # 5
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I think the white gold makes it look very modern. I was honestly expecting something with yellow, textured gold like my mom has!

Post # 7
3624 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I don’t think it looks like it’s from the 70s… I honestly didn’t know what to expect when I clicked this thread!  Even if it did look like it was from the 70s, so many bees have a “vintage” or “antique” ring. Your ring is fine, don’t worry!

Post # 8
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Im not sure what was around in the 70’s, but i like your ring and dont think it looks dated.  Its certainly blingy and sparkly!

Post # 10
3830 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

If you love it then it shouldn’t matter!!

Post # 11
1749 posts
Bumble bee

@buckey85:  Ring guards were the trend in the 70s. She is saying your ring reminds her of that era and I agree. However, your ring is fab and not dated!

Post # 12
530 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

um, I don’t see 70’s. I think it’s gorgeous!

Post # 13
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I agree with the first poster, I was expecting something SUPER 70s! YIKES! But your ring is super gorgeous! In my opinion, it looks like a modern remake of a vintage-y 1920s family heirloom! I love it!

Post # 14
3148 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I don’t think it’s too 70’s, I think it looks fairly classic. maybe if it was yellow gold, it would be a bit much. 

personally, I prefer rings that have less coverage, but that’s just me.  if I were in your situation, I’d wear the e-ring as a RHR and get a different style wedding band to wear alone.  but that’s just me, I’m not so into stacking rings. 

but honestly, the style of your ring is fine, and I’m sure it’s quite dazzling! 

Post # 15
2902 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I love it! I think this classic style is heading for a big comeback 

The topic ‘Nervous…Is my set too 1970s?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors