(Closed) Never thought I'd say this… but HELP!

posted 9 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What should I do about the dress?
    Stick with the dress you have : (24 votes)
    20 %
    Alter the dress you have... ideas below! : (20 votes)
    16 %
    Get the new dress : (46 votes)
    37 %
    For ***'s sake, woman, stop looking at dresses! : (33 votes)
    27 %
  • Post # 18
    757 posts
    Busy bee

@BeeingAnonymous:  If you start talking about major alterations that will cost a few hundred pounds, you really are better off ordering another dress.  Spending that sort of money and you may still not be happy with the dress.  At least you know what you like and looks good on you now.

Post # 23
    757 posts
    Busy bee

@BeeingAnonymous:   Just googled your description, box pleats with a full skirt.  Look at what it came up with.  I love it.  You can always change the neck line.

Post # 25
    50 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I just LOVE the first dress with sleeves, it’s so gorgeous. If it doesn’t suit you anymore, and you’re totally committed to getting a different dress, try putting it up for sale online and hopefully if you can sell it you won’t feel as bad about getting a new one. If you don’t get any bites in a couple weeks, then maybe stick with it and have it altered. You should feel gorgeous on your wedding day and if you feel meh, it wil reflect in your mood on the big day. You should be confidant! That said, you’re wearing a perfect-for-you dress for the reception so that is a bonus you shouldn’t overlook! 

Post # 27
    557 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Very pretty! I really like the sash in the last two pictures.

Post # 28
    79 posts
    Worker bee

Oh my! I ADORE the back of the dress! Don’t order the replica of the Justin Alexander. As much as you might love it, this dress is BEAUTIFUL. 

Secondly, if we’re picking ways to wear the sash, I prefer the first over the second. Though, I could possibly be convinced to the second if it was the same width as it is in the first style. 

Truthfully though, you look stunning. 

Post # 29
    478 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

@BeeingAnonymous:  Whoa, it looks like a different dress. I agree with PP. I love the sash and brooch in the first pic.Laughing The sash in the second is too wide in my opinion

Post # 30
    4554 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

That JA would be a hard one to get a good replica of. The lace they will use will almost certainly be a much lower quality, and that’s what’s pretty about it. The dress you have looks a lot better now, and while I would continue exploring sash options, I think you should either stick with it or get the actual JA from a used site or a salon.

Post # 31
    2444 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Lodge

Both dresses are beautiful. I really like the Alexander dress though but I voted for you to stop looking lol. You can’t have dress regret and fall in love with a different dress if you don’t know what else is out there. Like they say ignorance is bliss.

The topic ‘Never thought I'd say this… but HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors