- 5 years ago
- Wedding: March 2013
I went for my first fitting with my new gown today and it went really well! I have a new veil coming in the mail this week, so I didn’t get to try it on with the dress yet, but I will at my next fitting.
Meanwhile, my seamstress had an idea for the flowers in the train (last picture). There are satin buttons at the center of each flower and she suggested swapping them out for crystal rhinestone buttons to give it something extra – especially because the flowers will still be visible when it’s bustled. I’m so excited about this idea! I bought some 10mm swarovski buttons off the internet today and I should get them sometime this week. I can’t wait to see how it’ll look, which is amazing, considering I was originally thinking of removing the flowers altogether!
The dress does need to be taken in a bit on the sides, so it’s not laced up tight. I’m excited to see it laced up tight next week too!