New H&A Cut from MoissaniteCo- \"AGS 000\"

posted 6 months ago in Rings
Post # 2
2149 posts
Buzzing bee

Not sure how they can say cut to “superhuman precision(AGS 000)” when AGS doesn’t grade moissanite. Or maybe they do now….

Post # 3
2593 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2006

I know a couple Bees have seen these in person and I’m hoping they’ll chime in…..I don’t want to speak for them. 

Post # 4
1213 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

pierce2019 :  These seem to throw fewer rainbow reflections

Post # 5
339 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969 - Black Mountain Lodge at Arapahoe Basin

I had just narrowed down my moissanite center stone choices to FAB Cupid H&A, C&C F1 H&A and NEO Diamond Cut. Think I might have to order this one to compare as well!

Post # 6
169 posts
Blushing bee

sunburn :  I think they mean the proportions are the same as an AGS 000.

Post # 7
2149 posts
Buzzing bee

harlequinade :  I see. The problem is that numbers alone don’t guarantee reflection, refraction and dispersion. It would be interesting to see an idealscope or ASET image of these stones.

Post # 8
169 posts
Blushing bee

sunburn :  do they do that for moissanite? 

I honestly don’t think the Hearts and Arrows round brilliant cut looks good on moissanite, simply because it maximizes a diamond’s brilliance.

Moissanite needs it’s own cut. I think the OEC or OMC look better for moissanite.

Post # 9
2593 posts
Sugar bee

mrsmfsh :  Please start a thread and post your findings! Always interested in comparisons 🙂

Post # 10
339 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969 - Black Mountain Lodge at Arapahoe Basin

michellelynn9175 :  Good idea, I definitely will. Working on aligning all the shipping dates so I can be stay home from work one day to sign for all of them!

Post # 11
2593 posts
Sugar bee

mrsmfsh :  That’s so exciting! Can’t wait to see the results 😁

Post # 12
2149 posts
Buzzing bee

AGS tests light performance. That’s why it’s the lab of choice for all super ideal vendors. It goes way beyond GIA. I have an AGS 000 diamond; it’s difficult to make that grade, the cutting has to be precise.

And I think the most beautiful moissy is the OEC. 

Post # 14
2149 posts
Buzzing bee

Kind of blurry. I’m not a camera person, but maybe you have a macro setting. And video is the best of all. But what do you think of the stones? Take them in different lighting to be sure.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors