(Closed) New Sept 2014 Bride:)

posted 6 years ago in September 2014
Post # 3
3417 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Lodge

If I were you I’d start thinking about what exactly you want in this wedding. What colors, theme, vibe etc. Start planning non-specifics around that and then get more detailed as you get closer to a date. Its hard to plan heavily now when you don’t have a specific date yet, because if your date changes you may be back at square one and frustrated feeling you’ve wasted time and energy on planning things you won’t use now. A specific I would plan or at least think ahead on is venue. If they have a waiting list or are booked on the weekend you want it may be a deciding factor in weddjng details. So think of a venue and a theme or vibe of your wedding along with colors and go from there.

Good luck and congrats on your engagement!

Post # 5
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@southerncutie7:  I’d say now is a good time to look into weddings. Venues often open their books 1-2 years in advance. I got engaged last month and am surprised how full venues are already for 2013. Same with vendors – even if you don’t book anything yet, take your time to find someone you really like AND then you can make sure they’re available on your date. I’m always surprised how far in advance vendors and venues book up.

Post # 6
3421 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Manhattan Church Rec Center

I am a Sept 2014 bride too. Going to fall on the 21st, and my theme will be The Last Day of Summer. I don’t really know what that means yet, but…yeah…

Post # 7
1 posts
Wannabee

im a sept 2014 bride too =). my h2b and i have booked our venue and our photographer so far. i have been dress shopping to see which style suit me as i’m taking on the huge task of making as much of our wedding as i can. I will be making my dress, my bridesmaids dress (already got the fabric and pattern), my stationary, favours, my mum is making our cake. so im pretty much organised so far =) our day will be quite traditional with lots of scottish elements. 

Post # 8
37 posts
Newbee

I agree that it’s never too early to start planning..especially if you are trying to save on costs and do things yourself. I’m surprised how long it takes to find things that actually fit into the price range you want AND that you like. September is a pretty busy month for weddings, so it doesn’t hurt to inquire about availability before you think about totally comitting.

The topic ‘New Sept 2014 Bride:)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors