(Closed) New Survey for March 2013 Brides :)

posted 5 years ago in March 2013
Post # 3
Hostess
4794 posts
Honey bee

Bump for March 2013 Bees πŸ™‚

Post # 4
1856 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

How many days do you have left?: 20

Pic of your dress:

I switched just a couple weeks ago and I’m glad I did.

how many people are you inviting?: We invited 16 people; 8 are coming, not counting us and our daughter. We’re obviously having a tiny wedding.

when are you sending out invites?: We sent save the dates just to let people know the date and location (it’s a destination wedding for everyone but my partner), but haven’t sent invites. Since it’s only family and they all know the plans, we’re just printing out nice looking cards with the relevant times and locations to give to everyone in their welcome bags.

what is your beauty/workout routine looking like?:  I don’t typically work out and I haven’t bothered to for the wedding; beauty-wise, just trying to get my skin to behave and to get my hair to stop looking like a damn mop.

what will your guestbook be?: N/A

what is your next wedding related appointment?:  Not a single meeting to be had, thank goodness. We still have to finalize a few details but all through email.

what is the next wedding-related thing you have to buy?: I think all the buying is done, except a new tie for my partner. And things for welcome bags, but I’ll do that once I get into town just before our families arrive. Flowers for a bouquet too I guess, if my mom has her way.

who is your wedding officiant?: A random woman I found online who was in our price range and very responsive to our requests.

what do your wedding bands look like?: Plain traditional bands. 

where will you be getting ready?: In our house together.

what time does your ceremony start?: 3:30pm

where are you registered? Nowhere at all.

what are you most looking forward to about your wedding day?: Just finally being married and not to have to ever plan a wedding again. We’re crazy about each other but not wedding people at all, and we compromised a lot by not just running off and doing it alone. We’re both realy looking forward to moving forward with the life we’ve already started together.

Post # 6
263 posts
Helper bee

How many days do you have left?: 34

Pic of your dress:

how many people are you inviting?: 400

when are you sending out invites?: Sent them out earlier this week

what is your beauty/workout routine looking like?:  no beauty routine, just trying not to stress out so my face remains smooth. Workout 4 times in a week to make sure i don’t gain more weight

what will your guestbook be?: Don’t have one yet

what is your next wedding related appointment?: I have one today with my decorators, to give them colour patterns from my BM’s dresses so that there can cordinate the colours.

what is the next wedding-related thing you have to buy?:Fiance shirt, bouquet’s for my BM’s, Wedding bands.

who is your wedding officiant?: The preacher from my church

what do your wedding bands look like?: yet to buy

where will you be getting ready?: my parents home

what time does your ceremony start?: 11 am

where are you registered? NA

what are you most looking forward to about your wedding day?: ‘I now pronounce you husband and wife’

Post # 7
1805 posts
Buzzing bee

How many days do you have left?: 27

Pic of your dress:
This is from my second fitting

how many people are you inviting?: We will have about 90 guests

when are you sending out invites?: We sent them out December-January 

what is your beauty/workout routine looking like?:  I’ve been doing 20-30 minute work outs everyday since January! I’m at 120lbs and don’t wanna gain or lose just maintain! 

what will your guestbook be?:  I also did a photobook of our engagement pictures!! I freaking love it

what is your next wedding related appointment?: I have an appointment with our venue on Monday to give our final guest count/payment!

what is the next wedding-related thing you have to buy?: I want to find a little photo locket to put a picture of my dad in (he’s passed away) so I can hang it on my bouquet

who is your wedding officiant?: He’s our priest from the Catholic Church my Fiance and I attend

what do your wedding bands look like?: Mine is white gold and it looks two bands flowing into one, half plain white gold half with diamonds. His is a tungsten with a brushed design

where will you be getting ready?: Ill get ready at my home but get into my dress at the church

what time does your ceremony start?: 4:00PM

where are you registered? Target, bed bath and beyond, and travelers joy

what are you most looking forward to about your wedding day?: Getting married to my best friend, enjoying the company of our family and friends, and I’m reallllllly excited for the honeymoon.

i can’t believe it’s 27 days away, holy cow

Post # 8
261 posts
Helper bee

How many days do you have left?: 27 πŸ™‚

Pic of your dress: (this is from my second fitting)

how many people are you inviting?: 0. Likely will have his family watching from skype video. πŸ™‚

when are you sending out invites?: n/a. We may send out elopement announcements.

what is your beauty/workout routine looking like?:  I’m not stresing over this, just trying to be as healthy as I normally am. I have been very consistent with my skin care routine though. It involves cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing as my skin needs it. I also use Bridal Party and retinol every few days (alternated).

what will your guestbook be?:

N/a πŸ™‚

what is your next wedding related appointment?: Final (?) fitting next Saturday!

what is the next wedding-related thing you have to  buy?: My hair piece.

who is your wedding officiant?: a local officiant rec’d by my photographer

what do your wedding bands look like?: My ering is my wedding band (see icon pic) and my FI’s is a gorgeous 6mm white gold flat step edge with a brushed center from e-weddingbands.com. I love it!

where will you be getting ready?: We are getting married at a bed and breakfast along the coast so I believe I will be getting dressed and doing my hair in there. I’ll probably do my MU at home before we leave to check in at 3:30pm since we are having the ceremony at 4:30pm so 1 hr isn’t enough time, lol

what time does your ceremony start?: 4:30pm

where are you registered? N/a

what are you most looking forward to about your wedding day?:  Wearing my dress, taking pro photos, eating and drinking, hot tubbing, and just basking in our love for one another. πŸ™‚

Post # 10
200 posts
Helper bee

How many days do you have left?: 24. Holy hell!

Pic of your dress:

Sorry it’s huge =/

how many people are you inviting?: About 120. But we’re not sure who will attend

when are you sending out invites?: We sent them out a week ago

what is your beauty/workout routine looking like?:  I just bought the clinique acne system (the beginner kit or whatever). Working on doing the full routine every morning and night. I’m going to start changing my pillow case more often too. I’ve been totally breaking out =( I’m working on watching what I eat and maybe losing a few lbs before the big day but I’m not holding my breath. I’ve stopped wearing elastic hair ties so they won’t break my hair and kill the thickness/length

what will your guestbook be?: I think we’re going to do card stock for people to write sentiments on and we’ll incorporate them in some kind of scrapbook later

what is your next wedding related appointment?: I just went to the venue tonight to do the planning for the table (linens, center piece etc). Next wednesday is the final flower meeting and the day after my second dress fiting (for the bustle, hopefully the corset will be already done! We went in on Monday and they said it would be!)

what is the next wedding-related thing you have to buy?: Final flower payment, whatever I’m going to do for a veil, candy buffet and s’mores stuff. Officiant license, marriage license

who is your wedding officiant?: My uncle =)

what do your wedding bands look like?: His is silver with a raised middle. Mine is a dipped band with diamonds and white gold 

where will you be getting ready?: Partially at the hotel, partially at the venue. Fiance will be getting ready at home, then at the venue

what time does your ceremony start?: 5pm

where are you registered? Bed Bath & Beyond and Crate & Barrel

what are you most looking forward to about your wedding day?: Seeing everything coming together and celebrating with friends and family

Post # 11
40 posts
Newbee

How many days do you have left?: 16!

Pic of your dress:  I will try and find one and add in later!

how many people are you inviting?: We invited 100 and have 85 coming.

when are you sending out invites?: They were sent out 1st week of January with RSVP deadline of 2/1

what is your beauty/workout routine looking like?:  I had gained 15 pounds since I bought my dress (which fit perfectly when I bought it last year) so I have been exercising and eating healthy for the past 7 weeks straight.  I am glad to say that I lost the added 15 pounds plus 3 additional!

what will your guestbook be?:  I printed a large tree on a poster board with a heavy background (Walgreens) and glued colored leaves for our guests to sign.  Sort of like the thumbprint tree but without the mess.  I posted it under DIY.

hat is your next wedding related appointment?: We have final meeting with DJ this weekend to go over song list for different pieces of wedding.

what is the next wedding-related thing you have to buy?:  Excursions for cruise.  We paid for 1/2 but were waiting on tax money to pay for other half.  (Paying for wedding ourself)

who is your wedding officiant?: a friend who is a notary

what do your wedding bands look like?: Mine is a 14K band and his is black & silver tungsten band

where will you be getting ready?: Our venue has a bridal suite there so I will be getting ready in the bridal suite.

what time does your ceremony start?: 3:30pm

where are you registered? Target & Bed Bath & Beyond

what are you most looking forward to about your wedding day?:  Seeing everything come together, marrying my best friend and celebrating our special day with family and friends

Post # 12
1721 posts
Bumble bee

How many days do you have left?: 20!

Pic of your dress:

how many people are you inviting?: We invited 155, and have 121 confirmed

when are you sending out invites?: They were sent out at the end of January with 3/1 being the RSVP date.

what is your beauty/workout routine looking like?:  Welllll I’m 14 weeks pregnant and have gained weight (mostly in my chest). But I am walking every day. Luckily it’s corset back.

We blew up a copy of our invitation at Kinkos and got a huge matte [sp?] for people to sign around it.

what is your next wedding related appointment?: We meet with the DJ March 11th. Woohoo! That’s about it.

what is the next wedding-related thing you have to buy?: Clothes for the honeymoon.

who is your wedding officiant?: The chaplain from my dad’s work. We love him!

what do your wedding bands look like?:

His is a silver tungsten band.

where will you be getting ready?: The conference room at the Hyatt hotel where our guests are staying.

what time does your ceremony start?: 5:30 PM.

where are you registered? Target and BBB

what are you most looking forward to about your wedding day?: Seeing all of our friends and family in one place!

Post # 13
11752 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Bored at work, I’ll play!

How many days do you have left?: 19

Pic of your dress: I’m psycho about not sharing my dress lol – even though it’s a now discontinued EoA and my fiance has seen, I don’t know but I just won’t do it! :-p

how many people are you inviting?: Invited 265

when are you sending out invites?: Sent out late Dec

what is your beauty/workout routine looking like?:  My doctor just told me to gain 15-20 lbs. I work out 1-2x a week and eat like I always do.  Nothing out of the ordinary here – going to whiten my teeth soon but that’s a pretty regular occurrence anyways!

what will your guestbook be?: Our venue gives us a coffee table book of the venue.

what is your next wedding related appointment?: 3 days before my wedding I have hair/make up trials and my final fitting. 

what is the next wedding-related thing you have to buy?:I actually think I’m done making purchases! 

who is your wedding officiant?: A JoP – we will meet for the first time at our rehearsal!

what do your wedding bands look like?: Mine: white gold, 3 row pave diamond band. His: 6 mm white gold band with a matte finish in the center

where will you be getting ready?: At my venue – it’s a hotel!

what time does your ceremony start?: shooting for 5:15

where are you registered? Bloomys, Macy’s, Pottery Barn

what are you most looking forward to about your wedding day? the ceremony we created it ourselves together! And of course, dancing the night away with my friends and family! 

Post # 14
30 posts
Newbee

How many days do you have left?: 10!  I can’t believe it’s almost here!

Pic of your dress: I don’t have any pics of me in it, because I didn’t want my Fiance to find my camera and see it J

how many people are you inviting?: We invited 210, final number is 164

when are you sending out invites?: We actually send them on January 2nd, because I wanted to give people enough time for the earlier RSVP date

what is your beauty/workout routine looking like?:  Right now, completely dissolved LOL.  I’m trying to finish off all the DIY stuff, so I’m getting no sleep, and not going to the gym anymore in the morning.  Can’t wait to get back to normal!

I got a guestbook on Etsy – it’s covered in teal fabric, with ribbons and peacock feathers.

what is your next wedding related appointment?: Sunday – to drop off the final payment at the venue and all of the wedding related stuff!

what is the next wedding-related thing you have to buy?: I am HOPING I have everything I need!!!  I was thinking I would go pick up some stuff for my day of kit.

who is your wedding officiant?: A local Justice of the Peace.

what do your wedding bands look like?: Mine is white gold with some diamonds on it, his is tungsten.

where will you be getting ready?: My parents’ house J

what time does your ceremony start?: 6:00pm

where are you registered? Crate&Barrel and Macy’s

what are you most looking forward to about your wedding day?: Seeing all of our friends, and finally getting to the day!!  It’s been such a crazy time planning with everything else going on in life, and it’s going to be so awesome seeing it all come together!

Post # 15
382 posts
Helper bee

How many days do you have left?: less than one! It’s tomorrow!

Pic of your dress: 

how many people are you inviting?: 80, we’ll have about 70

when are you sending out invites?: months ago!

what is your beauty/workout routine looking like? i was going so well, but… Eh. 

what will your guestbook be: it’s an old library catalogue drawer where people write on index cards and ‘file’ them under categories like advice, best wishes, stories etc

what is your next wedding related appointment?: the wedding! 3pm tomorrow!

what is the next wedding-related thing you have to buy?:nothing!

who is your wedding officiant?: an old family friend. She’s hilarious, I can’t wait!

what do your wedding bands look like?: half eternity, curved to fit my antique engagement ring

where will you be getting ready?: the house my family has rented for the week. 

what time does your ceremony start?: 3pm. I hope it’s a liiiiitte bit more overcast tomorrow, it was so bright and sunny doing photos today!

where are you registered? we’re not

what are you most looking forward to about your wedding day?: enjoying the reception with my husband! It’s at a bar so it’ll be an awesome party!

Post # 16
88 posts
Worker bee

How many days do you have left?: 19!

Pic of your dress:

Mine is ivory.

how many people are you inviting?: We invited 56 but expect 48.  Pretty small.

when are you sending out invites?:  They went in Jan (I think).  Just confirmed headcount with caterer.

what is your beauty/workout routine looking like?:  Just been working out and eating healthy.  Would have loved to lost some weight but just want to feel good. Haven’t done anything different as far as beauty routine.  Will be getting my hair cut & colored the Saturday before we leave.  Also get eyebrows done and teeth whitened.

what will your guestbook be?: This awesome pallet my sister made for us.  We bought paint pens for people to sign in the crab.  We will hang it on a wall in our home.

what is your next wedding related appointment?: I pick up my dress tomorrow!

what is the next wedding-related thing you have to buy?: Just pay for dress alterations and final balances on flowers, rentals and caterer.

who is your wedding officiant?: The preacher from my Father’s church who also married my sister.

what do your wedding bands look like?: Mine is white gold with diamonds that match my engagement ring.  His is a ring that his grandfather (who passed away last summer) made out of a silver half dollar.  It’s very cool.  We had to have it sized up a little bit but it works and means something to him.

where will you be getting ready?: The beachhouse we are renting for the week and staying in.  It’s also the venue for our reception after our beach ceremony.

what time does your ceremony start?: 5 pm

where are you registered? Crate & Barrel and Belk

what are you most looking forward to about your wedding day?: Marrying my best friend and being surrounded by our closests friends and family.  Many of them will be on Spring Break so they are making a vacation out of our wedding and we will get even more time with them!

The topic ‘New Survey for March 2013 Brides :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors