(Closed) New to Board- Think I found my dress…afraid of committing (Casablanca 1957)

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
761 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

That looks great on you, definately have the figure and height to make it look good!

Post # 4
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Agree, I think the dress looks fantastic on you!

I’m not sure what you mean by puckering?

Post # 5
776 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

oh my I think its stunning on you!!

Post # 6
2201 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m guessing that the puckering is from the clips in back. Once it’s fitted appropriately, it shouldn’t do that.

Post # 7
6661 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

Have you tried on a lot of dresses? If so, you will find that all dresses fit differently and it totally depends on the fabric, cut and thickness. So that particular dress might have a shiny fabric that shows all the creases, etc.

If I were you in order to avoid dress regret, I would try on a ton of dresses and wait to place your order until about 8 months out. Once you order, just stop thinking about the dress because it’s just a bad idea. On someone like you, most dresses will probably be figure flattering so narrow down what you really want as far as style, fabric, shape and stick to it. Keep in mind your style preference can change in a years time (I know mine did!) so try to pick something timeless and flattering in general if possible.

Post # 8
128 posts
Blushing bee

This dress looks amazing on you!!!

Post # 9
1315 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hey date twin! Dress looks great on you. I’d be too nervous of my fickle, changeable dithering to commit this early though!

Post # 10
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

It’s beautiful!

Advice: don’t be afraid to commit. I totalllllly was too (seriously, just read my past posts if you don’t believe me  lol) but as soon as I did, it felt so good to have that decision under my belt, and I just moved on and haven’t regreted it once.  I didn’t have much more time to put it off though – it was 6 months away.  So once you feel like you can’t put it off any longer, you should just commit.  Good luck!

Post # 11
2271 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Fantastic! I would not worry about committing if I were you.

Post # 12
414 posts
Helper bee

Oh wow so beautiful on you!

Post # 14
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2008

You look beautiful. I am wearing the Casablance 1957 in my wedding in August. I adore it and it does not look wrinkled at all. I think it is so unique! I first tried this dress on in October and loved it, but wanted to try on others. So I went to 2 different stores and tried on probably 50 dresses, but always came back to this one. Good luck!

Post # 15
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

A-Maz-ING!!!

Post # 16
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

I love it on you, but I’m a bit commitment-phobic . I probably tried on 100 dresses before I picked my dress!  I like to be positive.  You can always order this dress later if you still think it’s the one…

The topic ‘New to Board- Think I found my dress…afraid of committing (Casablanca 1957)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors