(Closed) New to the hive? Weekly Welcome 12/6/09-12/12/09

posted 9 years ago in Weddingbee
Post # 3
639 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Hello!  I joined weddingbee about a month ago, but I don’t post much (mostly just cruise the boards and blogs for inspiration).

I’m getting married in September of next year to my most favorite person in the world.  We are having an outdoor ceremony in a botanic garden, followed by a reception at a nearby historic hotel.  As for planning, my fiance and I spent several hours this weekend starting the assembly process on our DIY invitations, the STD’s are ordered and the ceremony location, reception location (and catering), officiant, photographer and reception band are all set.  THE DRESS is ordered (it should come in any day now . . . so excited!!).  We are tasting cakes and meeting with florists this month, as well as interviewing possible ceremony musicians and deciding what our ceremony music will be.  Oh yeah, and the bridesmaid dresses need to be ordered . . . . the list seems never-ending, doesn’t it?

My favorite holiday tradition is easily the cookies . . . oh my, the cookies!

Post # 4
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hi there! 

I just got engaged a little over a month ago and am very excited :-).  So far, there haven’t been too much in the planning department as we are both in school.  We have started to look at dates that would work and I spend loads of time looking around Weddingbee for ideas and such, hehe.  I can’t wait to plan!  My favorite holiday tradition is similar.  We make mass amounts of chocolate covered pretzel sticks and decorate them with different sprinkles, coconut, and other toppings.  It’s a whole afternoon affair but lots of fun. 

Post # 6
639 posts
Busy bee

here’s a picture of it on the model, in an advertisement, however, i must say it looks much better on me!  I’ll post a picture of me in it when mine actually gets into the store.

[attachment=527716,69415]

Post # 8
176 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Hi everyone!

I just joined weddingbee today but have been looking through the site for inspiration and ideas for DIY projects.

I actually had a quick court marriage in August and now my husband and I are planning to have a big, fat Indian wedding on January 1st, 2011 – hopefully I’ll manage to finalize this date with the venue I’m holding! 

As we haven’t set a date or venue, I’m still in the preliminary stages of planning. I have decided on a basic color scheme (Cranberry and Plum) I have decided that I’m going to assemble my own invitations with a lot of help from cardsandpockets.com. 

Much of my time is being spent researching Punjabi Hindu wedding rituals as I’m not Indian and grew up thinking I would have a Christian wedding! I’m glad I’m going to be having an Indian wedding – they’re so fun and colorful.

As for my favorite holidays – it’s Christmas!

Though, being an Australian, my idea of Christmas is a warm summer day with the BBQ cooking up some jumbo prawns.

I’ll be in New York for this Christmas – maybe I’ll get to experience my very first white christmas!

Post # 9
340 posts
Helper bee

Hi!

A friend told me that I “had” to join when I got engaged on October 18th – and I am so happy she did. I haven’t posted much, but visit this site regularly for inspiration and everything wedding related.

I am getting married September 5, 2010 at Cairnwood in Philadelphia. As most everyone lives out of state (my fiance and self included) we sent our save-the-date magnets out this past weekend! My dress was found and ordered over Thanksgiving weekend and our venue, caterer and band have been confirmed. My next big tasks are confirming a photographer (which is much harder that one would think as all of the good ones are already booked) and searching for bridesmaid dresses!

I am having a blast being engaged and loving every step of wedding planning!

Favorite holiday tradition: stuffing myself silly with brunch Christmast morning!

Post # 10
2474 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@denverbirdlet – Congrats on the engagement!  I’ve seen that dress before…I love it!  Please post pics when you get it!

Post # 12
2680 posts
Sugar bee

Hi Everyone!  Im Naangel55 and have been married *almost* 6 months.  Im still on weddingbee often, just cant seem to get enough of it!  I miss planning my wedding but that just means Im starting to plan other fun things.  We had a Halloween party this year and we will have a March Madness watch party next year if DH’s team (Villanova) goes far in the tourney.

My favorite holiday tradition is my family’s Hanukkah party.  We have latkahs (yummy!) and after dinner we play the “Shalom” game.  This was taken many years ago from my aunt and uncle who played the “Santa” game.  We have 6 dice, each with a letter on it so they all spell out Shalom and on each other sides of the dice we have little stickers or drawings.  Each turn you roll, you try to spell Shalom and when you finally do, you get to pick a wrapped present from the pile.  People can steal gifts up to 3 times so its gets fun once more people start spelling Shalom on their turn.  At the end we all open the gifts we have accummulated.

Post # 13
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Hi Ladies!

I joined the hive about a month ago and didn’t realize that I was supposed to introduce myself…oops!  Anyhow, here I am…hello!  This is really a great site and I love reading all the posts.  I didn’t realize it was such a close-knit group until I read the “Fat Bridesmaid” post just now!  Ouch!  But being on here is my new addiction and I’ve probably spent about 20% of my work day actually working…as if working while planning my wedding wasn’t hard enough before WB!

Been engaged for almost a year now to my best friend and love of my life!  I’ve started planning a couple months ago.  Prior to that we were indecisive about where we wanted the wedding (in town, destination) and were going back and forth w/ budget issues so I finally put my foot down (ok, not really J) and started making plans.  We have our ceremony/reception site picked out, I have my dress :):), just picked out my MOH/BM’s dresses last week and have my flowers and photographer chosen.  Now I need to get on the exercise wagon!  Funny thing is I worked out like a crazy prior to being engaged and haven’t had any type of solid exercise routine since!  We have 6 months go to and I have a lot of work to do! 

My favorite holiday tradition would be stuffing (dressing) with Thanksgiving dinner…it’s my favorite part and I could go w/ out all the others, including turkey, as long as I have my stuffing!

Post # 14
340 posts
Helper bee

Thanks Mrs. DG!

My dress is a Judd Waddell – I love his designs and especially how I feel like a princess in it. [attachment=528224,69479]

Post # 15
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Hello Hive!

I just got engaged November 14, 2009. My fiance and I are planning an August 14, 2010 wedding. He proposed to me at the site of our first date with his great-grandmother’s 107 year old engagement ring (I also have the matching band engraved with his great grandparents’ initials and their 1903 wedding date!) Just got my ring resized on Thanksgiving. So far just the church, reception site and photographer booked. I’m working with a tight budget for my Washington, DC wedding but having fun so far. I am excited to look at dresses and invitations with my mom over the holidays (we live 1500 miles from each other and she is a teacher). Love, love this Stephen Yearick Fall 2010 dress but I’m positive it’s outside my budget. Do you know any knockoffs? I plan on wearing my fiance’s mother’s veil so I want a fairly unadorned dress with major impact for our evening wedding.

My favorite holiday traditions: The Nutcracker! I’m a huge balletomane and every year I go to the Nutcracker with either my parents or fiance. Sometimes I go to two or three different companies’ performances.

My other favorites: One of my closest college friends is Jewish and her best friend since middle school is Christian; they have a holiday cookie exchange where they make sugar cookie cut outs and then invite us over on a Sunday to decorate the cookies, munch on snacks and cocktails and celebrate the holidays.

The other tradition I love is the White House Christmas Trees. There is the White House tree and then each state and territory has a tree decorated by the state on the elipse. Of course I’m biased because that was my first date with my fiance almost two years ago! We always get oysters and beers afterwards; when it was with my girlfriends we went to the Willard Hotel for cocktails and cookies and listening to carolers.

[attachment=528225,69474]

Post # 16
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Hello!

This is my first reply; I stumbled upon WeddingBee a couple months ago.

I got engaged 8/1 of this year and getting married 12/4/10. I love reading everyone’s ideas and thoughts.

The topic ‘New to the hive? Weekly Welcome 12/6/09-12/12/09’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors