(Closed) New Year's Eve 2013 Brides

posted 6 years ago in December 2013
Post # 3
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2013

We also are getting married NYE. Our colors are going to be black/red/silver and we are having a beach wedding. Since we are just moving into the area we decided to make EVERYONE travel and not just one side of the family >:)

My issue is finding vendors that aren’t trying to charge A CAR for things.  I refuse to spend the same on a new car, granted not a Lexus but it would still be a KIA!!  We looked at beach resorts and that was just insanely expensive. 

So we found a great spot on the beach that also has a reception hall.  I’m in the process of trying to figure out how to “make it work” for what we want. 

Here is pictures of the venue and no I am not doing the “spider legs lights” seriously all I think when I see the pictures https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saint-Petersburg-Lions-Club-Beach-House/169828439560?sk=wall

And here is the look I’m trying to go for, minus the black lamp shade, http://www.theknot.com/weddings/photo/black-and-white-decor-71313

what are you thinking of?

Post # 4
248 posts
Helper bee

Yay! I love that there are other brides out there having NYE weddings! As this NYE gets closer, I so wish my wedding was this year…but I keep reminding myself come January it will be a great time to stock up on NYE hats, blow horns, and other accessories for next year. We should be able to save a bundle once those things go on clearance-many items don’t have the year on it, too, which is perfect.

So far, I haven’t had any vendors charge me a fee for my NYE date. I’ve booked my photographer, DJ, and venue. The hotel I’m reserving for my guests also had a great room rate of $99/night. Maybe there is no extra fee because it’s on a Tuesday? Not sure, but I’m not complaining! At first when I told people what my date was they warned me of how overly expensive it would be-not the case yet! However, I’m thinking once I start booking car services/shuttles for guests/BP etc, that is where I’ll see some NYE fees.

Our colors are purple, black, and silver. I am really SO excited and cannot wait…426 days!!! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 5
2324 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m also getting married NYE & very excited to finally hit the 12 month countdown! We are getting married in a converted barn & having a vintage/ rustic / romantic theme.

I’ve got the venue, photographer, dress & chosen the bridal party. Currently looking to book make up/hair.

The only person who has charged extra was the venue & it was only to ensure that those working would be paid according to public holiday rates (after midnight)

I’ll be interested to see if I end up making any NYE purchases during sales in the coming months!

Post # 6
15 posts
Newbee

You guys have been lucky with hotel deals.  We are getting married on St. Pete beach and have had a REALLY hard time finding hotels that were at the 150 mark and not a dive.  We have actually decided not to ask for any gifts/registry because of how much people would have to spend at hotel rooms.

I am overseas right now for work but I can’t wait to do my first “walk through” next month on things πŸ˜€

Post # 7
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Italiano's Humble

@elbayanela:  date & color twins!

but we’re doing backyard country winter versus beach. our weather this week has been phenomenal so I’m really hoping it stays tnis way next year. it’s like 75 in north Houston right now!

Post # 8
319 posts
Helper bee

I am a NYE bride πŸ™‚ so far our colors are cobalt blue, some green, black, white and silver! I was so nervous making this decision about the date but everyone I’ve spoken to about it loves the idea! 

Post # 9
9 posts
Newbee

Just booked the venue for 12/31/13!!!! A little over 10 months and I’m super excited! Can’t decide on colors though. Def wanna do black white and silver but not sure what to put the bridesmaids in and/or if should throw an accent color in there. Also is anyone worried about not have sun/natural light for their photos? We are doing a late ceremony and reception and prob won’t have any daylight. Kinda concerning considering all the beautiful photos I see are outside in the daylight… Let me know what you gals think πŸ™‚

Post # 10
248 posts
Helper bee

@cgenn:  Yay!! So exciting! You picked an awesome date!! πŸ™‚

YES, I have been thinking about not having natural light for photos too! Fiance doesn’t want to do a first look, so all of our pictures will be indoors or outside after dark. I’m a little bummed about this, but I also have seen some beautiful photos taken outside at night. Also, we just have to remember that we will have some really fun NYE photos that will hopefully make up for lack of natural sunlight photos!

Post # 11
9 posts
Newbee

@Razzmatazz:  Your right. I def have to let that go πŸ™‚ thanks!

Post # 12
248 posts
Helper bee

It’s getting closer!!!

I was just curious if anyone had thought about how/if they are going to display the NYC ball drop countdown? Maybe not necessarily NYC, but a televised NYE countdown?

Post # 13
9 posts
Newbee

@Razzmatazz:  at our venue they have an enclosed deck where the cocktail hour will be held. On the deck they have three fireplaces with a flat screen above each about 10 min before midnight they are gonna direct all the guests to the deck to swatch the ball drop. Only doing this because its available at my venue I think it would be just as good for the DJ to count down and have everyone on the dance floor as the clock stricken midnight. 

Post # 14
9 posts
Newbee

What color are you ladies doing for your bridesmaids dresses? The only color my girls can agree on is black but I don’t know know the pictures will look faith all the girls in black and all the guys in black. Let me know what you ladies think 

Post # 15
248 posts
Helper bee

@cgenn:  We are doing purple! My colors are purple, black and silver. BMs will be in purple, Fiance all black, and GMs black with silver vests.

I think black can look very classy if done right! What color do you want them to be in?

Here is a picture of my BMs dresses:

Post # 16
658 posts
Busy bee

@Miss Confetti:  Fellow NYE bride here! I’m so glad you started this board! 

@cgenn:  Navy blue is what I wanted – and then I let them pick the dress. It’s something I literally would have never picked myself, but they all look great in it and I can’t argue with that!

The topic ‘New Year's Eve 2013 Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors