- 5 years ago
- Wedding: December 2014
My fiance and I got engaged on December 23rd of 2013 and have been together since Oct. 13 of 2008. We have been thinking of cool themes for our wedding and we are thinking a NYE wedding and a Black-Tie ballroom venue. Some ideas I have so far are:
1. New Years Eve Resolution Tree: Guests write their new years eve vows and hang them on a tree.
2. Kiss at midnight to tech. make us married on Jan 1st.
3. Noise makers instead of rice/bubbles
4. Possible fireworks after cermony. Even something small like a sparklers on the wedding cake.
5. Ask all guests to wear black and white.
6. Masquerade Ball? Buy Black Harlequin Mask for guests to wear and special masks for Bride and Groom.
7. Ballons falling
8. Watching the ball drop from Times Square.
Some things I dont know how to plan is what time should the cermony be starting at if we were to kiss at midnight and then have the reception as a new years eve party? or should be get married on Dec. 31st and then have the reception during the new year.
plus Im having a really hard time doing this on a small budget and finding a venue in Washington State