Post # 1
Just thought I would see what everyone’s resolutions are… I have a few.. 1- to become more organized– at work, at home and with wedding planning. 2- get into a workout routine (but this year I PROMISE to really do it!!)
Has anyone else thought about New Year’s Resolutions??
Post # 3
My New Year’s Resolution is to tend to my garden better than I did this past year.
Post # 4
1) Increase my running speed and stick to a stringent training schedule for my spring half marathon.
2) Run more outdoor races in general
3) Get better about calling friends/family (I loathe the phone)
Post # 5
I also wanted to add to attempt to write more notecards to friends. I find this is a lost art form and man oh man, when I see beautiful stationary, I get all giddy inside.
Post # 6
oooh! I forgot a major goal of mine!! I’m going to try to run (me, the NON-runner) a 5K that the company I work for sponsors in September!! Thanks HotChild, I definitely don’t have running on the brain quite yet!!!!
Post # 7
@CaptainsGirl: Use the training program Couch to 5K. (Just google it) 9 months is MORE than enough time to train for a 5K…I’ve trained for a half marathon in less than that ;o)
Post # 8
@hotchild, thanks! I have heard of the couch to 5k program, and I definitely think that’s the approach i’ll take. I want to start early so I surely won’t stop and walk at ALL. I seriously HATE running, but I’m determined to conquer this!
Post # 9
@CaptainsGirl: It’s a great goal and an awesome way to get in shape for the wedding!
Post # 10
1) Get back into shape! (I’ve gained too many lb’s since my wedding! )
2) Run a 5K race.
3) Pay off our last credit card.
4) Get pregnant next November or December.
5) Help others more, volunteer somewhere, give support to others in need.
6) Get my medical coding certificate done finally.
Post # 11
A couple of mine are:
1) Comfortably run at least 5 miles 3-4 times a week
2) Spend more time talking to friends as opposed to just texting or IM-ing or FB-ing
3) Spend more time with my mother
Post # 12
omg too many things going on in 2010….
1) Lose the post-wedding weight and find a happy medium with food and working out.
2) A’s in all my classes…
3) Find a balance in life–new career, doing good in classes, whatever it may be. Moving foward somehow, if that makes sense.
4) We want hardwood floors this year, also =D. lol…
Post # 13
i’m not really gonna make any considering i forget what they are by february haha.
Post # 14
GalacticPony’s New Year’s Resolutions!
1) Lose 10 lbs (gosh, I feel so guilty writing this on down. Its so cliché haha)
2) Gain more self-confidence and be kinder to myself (this is a big one. I am too harsh and frequent in my self-criticism, as my bf and friends point out constantly, so I need to work on loving myself more. Oprah would be proud)
3) Find a PAYING job I truly am passionate about
4) Learn how to bake (breads, cakes etc. I’m definitely more of a cook, and anything involving yeast and flour is F O R E I G N to me, by golly)
5) Learn Italian (I’ve always wanted to learn mwahaha)
Yep! Good luck to you guys on your own resolutions!
Post # 15
Get a new job…I really can’t stand mine.
And, get in better shape. I’d like to be able to run a 5k too.Start doing Yoga again (for some reason this year
I let something I love so much just slip away).
Really, the most important one is being less hard on myself. And feeling thankful. I really am very lucky.
Happy New Year Everyone!
Post # 16
1. All A’s in my classes
2. Cut down the number of times a week I eat out! (I’m not even gunna tell you how bad I am)
3. Take better care of myself by exercising on a regular schedule (yet to be worked out).
This isn’t really a resolution, but gosh darnit I better get into grad school!